Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,101, Level: 100 Points: 37,101, Level: 100 Points: 37,101, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Nintendo Shouldn't Overlook Sony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Examiner
In a recent interview with Geoff Keighley of GameTrailers TV, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime was quick to dismiss Sony and Playstation 3. He and the rest of Nintendo are making a big mistake by overlooking Sony, however. Here are a few reasons why Nintendo should take Sony seriously.

PSP
Before Sony came along, Nintendo was all alone on top of the handheld gaming market. Their monopoly came to an end when Sony decided to release the PSP. So although Nintendo is making more money than ever on the handheld gaming market with Nintendo DS, Sony also got a big piece of that pie.

Playstation Network
Both the Playstation Network and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection are free. However, the Playstation Network is light years ahead of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in terms of features and services. This is true for both home consoles and handheld gaming. Nintendo should therefore take some notes from Sony instead of brushing their competitor off so quickly.

First-Party Strength
For years, there wasn’t any developer better than Nintendo. That may be finally changing. Sony has the biggest and most diverse first-party development core in the gaming industry. While Sony has quite a ways to go in terms of sales, their games are quickly gaining steam with one critical hit after another and are surpassing the quality of Nintendo titles.

Third-Party Support
Although the Nintendo Wii is selling significantly more than the Playstation 3, most third-party gaming companies are still choosing to develop for the Playstation 3 over the Nintendo Wii. Thus, almost all of the big third-party titles end up on Sony’s system rather than Nintendo’s. Nintendo should pay more attention to how Sony is courting third-party companies despite being in last place.

Although Sony most likely won’t catch up to Nintendo this generation, they are certainly a real threat to overthrow Nintendo and become the industry leader during the next round of next-generation video game systems. Nintendo would be foolish not to keep an eye on Sony.
Thoughts?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Thats why i play my PS3 way more then my Wii.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 22,967, Level: 93 Points: 22,967, Level: 93 Points: 22,967, Level: 93
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I don't think Sony is ever going to be a compeditor for Nintendo.
EDIT: Also, I have a PSP and a DSi, and to me, the wireless capabilities of the DSi greatly surpass that of the PSP. All I wanted to do was verse someone on Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and there was so many things I had to do first.
DOUBLE EDIT: I never actually got it to work.

Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 04-17-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
K!NGZACH
Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance

K!NGZACH will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: zMd113
i have a PS3 for Ratchet & Clank and a Wii for Mario, they're both getting my money because of the exclusive games they produce, graphics and innovation really don't matter to me just games.
if Nintendo makes better games this year than they won't have to worry. but if Super Punch Out is all you've got, your screwed cause' the PS3 has another R&C on the way.
as far handhelds go, no worries the DSi rocks and i think the PSP2 might be the final nail in Sony's portable coffin. i'm already ready for the next Nintendo handheld in a couple of years!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

While it's true that Nintendo's third-party strength isn't anywhere near Sony's, Sony still can't get their first-party games together. I don't see them catching up anytime soon. On the other hand, third-party on the Wii has largely been a success in terms of sales.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Skullz
Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Skullz has a spectacular aura aboutSkullz has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I still think Nintendo should have just made the DSi a whole new system. Like give it it's own games with better graphics and stuff but use the same type carts so it can be backwards compatible with DS games. Plus the bonus web browser, camera, big screen, sound, SD slot, music player, better processor, etc. Anyhoo, to stick to the topic, I don't think Sony is a huge enough problem to like sell out Nintendo or anything but in terms of gamers interest, I think Nintendo might start noticing a difference in sales if they don't come up with some great games soon.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
By all means, overlook Sony. The PS3 has gone way downhill, and it wasn't even that high up the hill in the first place. I want them to go the way of SEGA.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Hmm, I don't know if Sony will compete with Nintendo, but Microsoft sure is. Maybe not so much in Japan, but in America, it's a lot closer.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

In Australia, everyone either has a Wii, or wants a Wii.
The 'hardcore' gamers have a Wii and an XBOX 360.
Nobody has a PS3.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Lol

Aussies aren't showing the PS3 no love. Go figure. Ah well, the Wii is the most user-friendly in a sense. I'm more of a hardcore gamer, so I have a 360, want a PS3, and need my Wii back.
Closed Thread