Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2
Published by Whiskermush
04-14-2009
Author review
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
80%80%80%
Average 89%
Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Rated as one of the best games of the year Team Fortress 2 has surprised many players including me with amazing cartoonish graphics and many classes to choose from will send you from each corner exploring map by map and class by class.

Graphics

Pretty amazing I would say. I would rate this one a 8.5 since I would give a cutback on some of the server skinning.

Storyline

No storyline since it's an FPS-styled game but there is sort of a theme. Two teams: Red and Blue, duel it out on a map
with different objectives to complete such as: Moving a cart to the other team's base, taking over all bases, defeating
the other team's players, and much more. Each class has its on special feature and role.

Scout
- Great in speed and agility, scouts can jump the highest out of all the classes and can perform a double jump. They
can use basic guns that are good at range but don't deal heavy damage to players.

Soldier- Excellent range and damage with a rocket gun, Soldiers are good for shooting a group of machines or enemies that
are trying to take over a base but move very slowly.

Pyro- Best AOE class. The Pyro uses a flamethrower that can be devastating if you get too close to it. Pyros are weak in
using basic weapons. Personally, I like to use this class and is my favorite.

Demoman- Demoman is a hard class to use if your a beginner. Bascially, Demomans shoot sticky balls which act as gernades if touched
by an enemy and almost acts as an instant kill. If you put a sticky ball and run over it, it acts as a super jump which can be useful
for some objectives.

Engineer- One of the most useful defense classes is the engineer. Engineers can build Sentries, teleporters, and machines that
can heal your teammates if they come close to it. However, Egineers are very weak with guns.

Heavy- Heavys are the best class for dealing huge amounts of damage and carry huge amounts of health. Having a medic heal a Heavy
constantly can make a devastating team. Heavys' downfall is that they walk slow and can't jump that well which can make them more
vulnerable while not on guard.

Medic- Like the name says it, Medics are medics and heal others to keep them going. Nothing new for these fellas.

Sniper
- Also another usual one, Snipers use their scope to shoot from far distances and is very useful for most objectives.

Spy- On of the hardest classes to use also if you are a beginner, Spys can make them invisible for a certain amount of time which in
that time they can try to bypass sentries to backstab an engineer controlling them or try to finish an objective. Spys can be
used to figure out the strategy that the enemies are trying to pull of.

Controls/Gameplay

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the FPS controls but they are like this

W,A,S,D- To maneuver your player around.

Mouse- Shoot, switch guns, change controls

Tab- See scores

Ctrl- Crouch

Video of it-

Sound

Not really special...just usual sounds so just an 8.5

Overall

Graphics- 8.5
Storyline- 9.5
Controls/Gameplay- 9.5
Sound- 8.0

As in total, this is a great game and buy it even if you don't know how to use FPS games. You'll enjoy your purchase.

for reading my review. Very much appreciated.

Published by
Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough
Sponsored Links
By Konata on 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Good review W.
By Mario on 04-15-2009, 09:39 AM
The first Team Fortress (Half life Mod) was an awesome game. Team Fortress 2 was in the making for years and then dumped. The graphics were looking good on TF2. Then this TF2 came out. Looks good, but the only thing that to me seems like a negative is the cartoon graphics.
By Ausden on 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
As a huge Half-life fan, this game is revolutionary in terms of online gaming. It takes the complete opposite side on graphics unlike the Battlefield series.

The graphics are spectacular. Yes, it might not appeal to all with it's cartoon-like looks, but overall it comes off almost perfect. Just an all around great game and along with Portal in the Orange box, a great deal.
By op89x on 04-15-2009, 10:21 PM
This was a very well-formatted review. It reads clean and precise.
By Wiidude on 04-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Wiidude says "Great Team Fortress 2 Review"
By Rin on 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Very nice review. It looks like a killer game that I must get soon :3
By McQueen on 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
looks like a fun game. neato game review
By SirManguydude on 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
The best thing about Pryo is his Instant Kill taunt where he shouts out Haidouken and shoots out a fire ball.

Also everyone uses spies, its annoying. I was in a match where everyone was a spy, and we all were disquised as the other team.
By Sparticus on 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
The best thing about Pryo is his Instant Kill taunt where he shouts out Haidouken and shoots out a fire ball.

Also everyone uses spies, its annoying. I was in a match where everyone was a spy, and we all were disquised as the other team.
Scout is the best thing againist a spy. There too fast for a spy to sneak up on you.
Comment