Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
TEA Party Protests

I'm sure if you had your t.v. set on any cable news network, you would have heard about the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) protests. It refers to the Boston Tea parties when tons of tea was dumped into the river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJ8hSiGUMg

Watching the cable news networks, you can see how angry the liberal MSNBC was. Attacking the protesters for just showing there freedom of speech. And they used the term "teabaging" to make fun. Its very childish that a news network would do this, but you can't really classify MSNBC as 'news'. CNN also had a reporter cut off a man speaking who was being interviewed, and she verbally attacked him and wouldn't let him speak. FOX News covered the tea party for most of the day, with Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and others in the crowd.

Bottom line, these protesters where angry about how high taxes are, but more importantly, how that money is spent. The crowd ranged from conservatives, to libertarians, and moderate democrats.

Last edited by SeanMi; 04-18-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Yeah, I've heard nothing but that for the last 3 days on CNN. Personally, I don't mind the protesting that much, but I think they're taking it a little overboard. I mean, Obama hasn't even been in office 100 days yet. They need to be patient. Chances are, this is for the betterment of the country.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
This is actually something I find very interesting. Here in California, there are a lot of people that are trying to shoot down Prop 1A, which is a tax hike disguised as a spending cap. I find the whole thing to be a damn scam, and it's partly the reason why I dislike the fact that anyone can run for governor, with no experience whatsoever.

Lukario
Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Wink

I protest against tea parties.

Also, Lol@Teabaggers! Didn't they call themself that?

Edit: things are gonna get worse before they get better. We have had less than 4 months of a somewhat decent presidency, and people are already complaining and calling Obama names like "Obama Bin-lying". Is that what they do when things don't go how they want? Call names? Just because he doesn't do everything in 4 months doesn't make him a liar. It makes the people who say that, impatient.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-

Last edited by Princess Elle; 04-16-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 

I love it. I hope they keep it up. I think its sick when i look at my check and out of the 40 hours a week I work 10 hours or so go straight to the government. If i work overtime its more like 18 hours out of 50. If you think about it depending on how you spend your money. By the time you spend a pay check the government will have taken about half of it.

Last edited by Sparticus; 04-16-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I have no idea what any of that means.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,416, Level: 100 Points: 52,416, Level: 100 Points: 52,416, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Its not a republican thing or a democrat thing. People are just tired of all the taxes, bailouts, etc. I hope protests continue. People are realizing the truth about our government everyday and its making them mad. In numbers we rule.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

Oh, if they're just now figuring out the truth about big government, then they're about 10 years behind the curve of me, and others as well.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
Oh, if they're just now figuring out the truth about big government, then they're about 10 years behind the curve of me, and others as well.
10 years is the typical for most people. Its not only big government its big banks. It really sucks when they work together. You want to fight this go to your local credit union and do you banking and credit stuff through them, The other thing you can do is PAY WITH CASH, You don't have the money don't buy it.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverts
10 years is the typical for most people. Its not only big government its big banks. It really sucks when they work together. You want to fight this go to your local credit union and do you banking and credit stuff through them, The other thing you can do is PAY WITH CASH, You don't have the money don't buy it.
Yeah, I know. The big problem with all this interconnecting with eachother is that when it's good it's great, but when it's bad, it's really bad. It's kind of stupid TBQH, but it's all we got right now :/
Closed Thread