Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

2012: Nonsense or Legitimate?

Eh, I got this idea randomly, and I didn't find a thread for it anywhere else. Anyways, the old addage is that in 2012, some celestial or otherworldy event is supposed to happen, and end all life or something.

Personally, i think it's BS. The Myan calendar ended that day due to something, but it could have been a ton of things. Not to mention they couldn't possibly know more than we do today.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

It's gonna happen. And when it does. FATALITY.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
CarboKill
Banned

My Mood: Amused
CarboKill can only hope to improve

The facts stand as-

5000 years ago the Mayans made a calendar with 3 parts and the final part was translated as "the long count" and it starts at 5000-something 7th August, and ends 21st december 2012. This is obviously true that the world will end because:

1. How did they know that the year will reset to 0 again? (A.D.)
2. NASA have galaxy simulation technology, and on the 21st December 2012, all planets will allign and Jupiter's gravity will probably force a meteor to hit earth.
3. if this doesn't happen, we're still doomed anyway, because, slowely but surely, earth has been moving further and further below the galaxy. Up until 21st december 2012, earth will be above the galaxy like everything else. on the actual date, Earth will be directly on the side, between bottom and top. After the day, we will see the sun from below it, because we will have fallen to the bottom of the galaxy. Radiation from sun-spots on the southern hemisphere of the earth will completely destroy our atmosphere and we will die. FATALITY.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

They were scientists. Also, that doesn't implicate the end of the world, that just states that something big will supposedly happen. Besides, the translation off the calendar itself is basically: " A day of great importance"

Doesn't remotely imply the end of the world. Planetary alignment doesn't flux gravity enough to cause meteoric interference, and even if it did, the chances of us getting struck by a meteor is slim to none.

I can pretty much disprove whatever you'll throw.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Should be under the Debate forum.

Anyways, going on with the topic..... THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!!!!!

Nah, maybe it will maybe it won't. No one knows for sure what will happen and no one will know how to prove it. So... best thing to do is just sit back and watch what happens in 2012.

Humans aren't meant to understand the world anyhow so if it does happen, it is for our own sake.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Yeah, after thinking about it, maybe I should have put it in the Debate forum :/
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
I know what it is! Because we are hosting the olympics when Gordon Brown comes out he is going to explode and everyone will die of shock.( And laughter ) Yes I'm cruel.

Tag by me
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Yeah, and then, when the population of Earth reaches under 10,000, we can still say BUT IT'S OVER 9000!!

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

AND THEN TROGDOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Anyways, I call BS, we'll find out soon enough.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Yeah, and then, when the population of Earth reaches under 10,000, we can still say BUT IT'S OVER 9000!!
But seriously. Who like's Gordon Brown?

Tag by me
Closed Thread