Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 
Total Awards: 3

Gaming Community Needs to Cut Nintendo Slack

Gaming Community Needs to Cut Nintendo Slack
Editorial By Jeverts

After almost a 1 and a half years of Chart topping sales, leaving Sony Playstation 3 and Microsoft Xbox360 in the dust. It seems that the recession and the buzz of Nintendo Wii is finally starting to fade, but being number one comes at a cost and is not easy. Nintendo is now reporting that its sales are starting to plateau, and the floods of media coverage is coming in. Now all spot light is on Nintendo and as to why there sales are slipping. It seems that most of the coverage is about the lack of good games that are offered, the delay on some of the features. The way I see it, Nintendo revolutionized the gaming industry and forced it to take the first major step into virtual reality.

Why have 1/3 of something when you can all of something.

The gaming market has always been a very competitive market, Nintendo is one of the oldest. In todays market the 3 major companies are fighting for a small portion of what is actually a bigger piece of pie. The "core gaming" being the small portion that these 3 have been divining up for years. Nintendo then realized there was more to the pie then just those males ages 13-35. Nintendo decided to create something that everyone and their mother (literally) could have fun with. Something that didn't take a 10 button combo to throw a football down a field and most of all it got people off the couch. Wii now has people over 70 bowling without throwing out a hip, has mom talking with her friends in a virtual community and is getting people into the game more then ever before. Not to mention the price of the system made it very appealing to everyone. With the economy in a halt the 250$ price tag made people not think twice about getting one. Business is business if its not working it needs to change. Nintendo saw a market that was untapped and took advantage.

I say Congratulations.

With all the gaming news website trying to bring Nintendo to its knees by bashing it for what it isn't trying to be; “A core gamer system.” I find it sad that they have nothing else to talk about and if you haven't seen the news look who is coming up the rear with motion controllers, Xbox. But thats a whole other story. With all that said I say congratulations Nintendo on bring the next generation of gaming to the market.

With this article Im asking that NFF start a sub-forum in the news section for Members own articles.

Comment, flake and flame are all welcome. Thats why its an editorial.

I have another article in the works. I hope to have it soon.

Last edited by Sparticus; 04-20-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: suck at grammer
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
KrystalRules
Krystal Master!
Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Sleepy
KrystalRules will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Member of the Month NFF Radio Award Poster Member of the Month Signature of the Month Yoshi 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via AIM to KrystalRules Xbox Live Gamertag: Blodhthringa
Nintendo has been critisized about the Wii from the day it came out. "the graphics aren't good" "The games are childish" "The xbox360 and PS3 will kill the Wii in sales." well guess what? The nintendo Wii's sales out shot the 360 and PS3 by far. The new game controls are the next leap into gaming. Sure the Wii has its let downs, but its innovativeness about the Motion censitive controllers has let the other systems in the dust.

This is an excellent article and i give you Props Jerverts!

Next step: Virtual Reality! A helmet with a controller in each hand!

Thanks to Mimi and Cindy for the sig!! You two are amazing!!! <3
Thanks for Avi Mims!! <3 Love ya!

~~ Cornerian Wars ~~ Chapter 9 Now up!!
~~ KR's Song Book ~~
Old 04-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Y'know the funny thing is that most of those hate articles came right after the Wii had like 10 new games (new games that look pretty damn good to boot) announced for it. I mean seriously for all those who complain about how annoying casual gamers are...at least they're not posting a bunch of idiotic crap about nothing on N4G or whatever other site that allows stupidity like that. Not to mention the fact that these are the guys that practically invented the stereotype that all gamers are middle aged men that live in their mother's basement, and the guys that scream un-relentlessly on Xbox-Live and PSN. I want normal gamers back.

V Haha this post sucks V
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Very nice article Jeverts, and i must say i agree. I've always been a Nintendo fan, so i'll stick with them. And even though i don't like many of the casual games (wii fit, sports games), Nintendo was genius for going for a much wider audience.

I like the editorial idea aswell.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Can Jevert get an Amen?

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,128, Level: 100 Points: 52,128, Level: 100 Points: 52,128, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Good article dawg. We'll toss yer idea around.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

My Mood: Spaced
Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Why are sales slipping? hmm... maybe because almost everyone on the planet owns one already lol

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
I'm sorry, but Wii needs to pick up the slack. I mean, 360 has got Netflix, and PS3 has Blu-Ray, and Wii can't even play DVDs. If it wasn't for the pricetag, I bet the figures wouldn't be so in favor of Nintendo. The only reason I got a Wii was because of all of the hype. It's a pretty lackluster system, if you ask me...

Lukario
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
I'm sorry, but Wii needs to pick up the slack. I mean, 360 has got Netflix, and PS3 has Blu-Ray, and Wii can't even play DVDs. If it wasn't for the pricetag, I bet the figures wouldn't be so in favor of Nintendo. The only reason I got a Wii was because of all of the hype. It's a pretty lackluster system, if you ask me...

Lukario
Iwata's already confirmed that they will have an on demand service of some kind and that it will be different. And (from what I've seen on news articles on reliable sites) Japanese wiis already have an on demand service for anime.

V Haha this post sucks V
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skreamo View Post
Why are sales slipping? hmm... maybe because almost everyone on the planet owns one already lol
Yeah, this is basically what I was thinking. Logically, sales have to drop off eventually. When enough people have the system, sales dry up. It's supply and demand.

Closed Thread