Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,590, Level: 73 Points: 12,590, Level: 73 Points: 12,590, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 
Total Awards: 3

Keep it for the Next Generation.

Keep it for the Next Generation.
Editorial by jeverts

Is it too late for most of the gadgets that Nintendo is coming out with? I believe so. With Motion plus release on the horizon, Xbox just now getting in on motion, and crickets coming from Playstation, I think that Nintendo is this far ahead of the game they might as well just save it for the “Next Generation of consoles”.

With rumors spreading like wild fire that the next Wii console is due in 2011, a mere year and 7 months away, makes me question there judgment on the continued release of add-on hardware. Most people believe that motion plus should have just been release with Wii in the first place. Is it a business move? Could be, but I doubt it. With Dsi sales threw the roof it doesn't sound like there hurting for sales. This sounds more like an R&D experiment with a sales bonus, but lets not get off on a tangent. With more people getting irritated at the lack of good games, and lets not forget the lack of 3rd party games that want to get involve with motion plus (for the moment), I'm saying that Nintendo should just wait for the next stepping stone to come across and give the gaming community a good shove once again. For now, they can bask in the motiony goodness and reflect on what the accomplished. A year and half goes quick if they are already spreading rumors of a new console release why are they bothering with this one?

I would keep an Eye on Sony.

Do you hear that? No? Yeah your right I don't here anything either, but don't underestimate Sony. They are being the quiet right now which scares me into believing that there is something up their sleeve. Microsoft is talking big right now in taking Nintendo head on with motion gaming, the news is filled with Motion plus and Sony hasn't said a thing. I can't see this giant going down without a fight. With the spot light stolen from them when PS2 was released, I can imagine there is a little bit of a grudge. With all the readers as my witnesses, keep your eye on Sony I'm sure something will surface in the late stages.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,039, Level: 100 Points: 52,039, Level: 100 Points: 52,039, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
I say bring on the 3D Gaming Experience! I think we are way overdue for that!

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,590, Level: 73 Points: 12,590, Level: 73 Points: 12,590, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I say bring on the 3D Gaming Experience! I think we are way overdue for that!
They claimed this happend with the release of playstation and N64. I guess it's "3D" when your not moving left to right on a flat screen. You know what maybe this is what sony is working on.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Motionplus was much to expensive to be released at the same time as the wii at the time. The price has gone down since then and they're releasing it now. It's a pretty necessary thing to do. And as for Sony keeping something up their sleeve...that's doubtful as they have NOT been quiet over the past few months like you've said. Sony spreads plenty of rumors about themselves and plenty of crap about their competitors almost every week. I'm not saying that it's not possible (E3 is in June after all) but it's just very doubtful. And the new console generation won't be here for a few years I can tell you that. You can say that something should have been saved for the next console when that next console is actually announced by it's maker.

EDIT: 3-D gaming has already been announced and been used by plenty of people and the N64 and Playstation always boasted 3-D enviornments. Not actual 3-D.

V Haha this post sucks V
Old 04-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
Reese
Points: 751, Level: 14 Points: 751, Level: 14 Points: 751, Level: 14

My Mood: Angelic
Reese is an unknown quantity at this point

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

im with mario. true 3-d in games. like wearing cool glasses or somethings. yeehaw
Old 04-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
K!NGZACH
Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance

K!NGZACH will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: zMd113
i agree, ya' think nintendo would keep this stuff for the nex-gen but apparently they have something different in mind. with the DSi coming out, that tells me that the next handheld will be released in early 2011 and the next home console in late 11' or early 12'.
expect anouncements on that next year.
as far as Sony goes i think they'll be just fine with their PS4 controller that can split into 2 halves, "if" that's what they go with.
microsoft, who cares...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Well Sony won't release a new console. The PS3 is here for 10 years, as well it should be as its a grest system.
I don't see why Nintendo would release a new system...
hmm, wouldn't it be crazy if they made the new console based solely on hardcore games with PS360 graphics but even better? And have wii for purely casual. Though having two consoles at once does not seem like a good idea. But who knows.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
KrystalRules
Krystal Master!
Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Sleepy
KrystalRules will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Member of the Month NFF Radio Award Poster Member of the Month Signature of the Month Yoshi 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via AIM to KrystalRules Xbox Live Gamertag: Blodhthringa
Nintendo needs too wait a good 3 years before another console comes out. make their new system push the gaming industry forward again through Virtual Reality!(3-D)

Thanks to Mimi and Cindy for the sig!! You two are amazing!!! <3
Thanks for Avi Mims!! <3 Love ya!

~~ Cornerian Wars ~~ Chapter 9 Now up!!
~~ KR's Song Book ~~
Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 AM   #9
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
VR was always the future IMO, and it's about time they started looking into it a bit if you ask me.

Also, Nintendo should wait a bit, but I'm not them, so I can't influence them :/
Closed Thread