Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Wii sales declining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDaily
Responding to the worse-than-expected March video game sales, Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter talked a bit about the Wii's software sales. While the tough comparison with last March's Super Smash Bros. Brawl did make it a challenging month, he felt that Wii software sales still could have fared better.

"...this year, the company had Wii Fit ($49 million) to help offset a somewhat weaker lineup. Also, given that the installed base of Wii consoles has doubled in the past year, we find it remarkable (and somewhat disconcerting) that Wii software sales were actually down year-over-year in March, dropping by $72 million, or 26%. The decline was approximately equal to the difference between Super Smash Bros. and Wii Fit, suggesting that Nintendo software sales were flat year-over-year on an adjusted basis, notwithstanding a doubling of the installed base," Pachter explained.

As for the overall industry, Pachter would seem to agree with NPD's Anita Frazier, who yesterday reminded everyone that the sky is not falling. Pachter pointed out that March was in fact the third highest in terms of sales in the U.S. game industry's history. However, because of the decline, investors will likely react negatively.

"We expect negative market reaction to the sales data. Overall sales were down double-digits for the first time since May 2006, and the year-to-date trend of 2% gives credence to conservative publisher views about the year. We expect investors to trim positions in most video game publisher and retail stocks, and think that lingering concerns about the economy will limit share price appreciation until we see a reversal to positive sales growth," he said.

Pachter doesn't think the industry will see significant growth again until August.

"As we parse data for the balance of the year, we notice that comparisons remain difficult through July. The April comparison (including... Grand Theft Auto IV) is positive 69%, with May at positive 41%, June (the second highest non-holiday month in history) at positive 61%, and July at positive 41%. Fortunately, there is a relatively solid lineup of titles planned for this Spring and Summer, including UFC, Harry Potter, The Sims 3, EA Sports Active, Tiger Woods, X-Men, Transformers and Splinter Cell. While we don't expect every month to be up, we do not expect a negative double-digit performance the rest of the year," he noted.

"With that said, it would be nave to be pollyannish about the data. Negative sales can only mean that consumers bought fewer games this year than last, and will be read by many as a signal that the recession is upon us. It would be equally nave to conclude that everything will reverse later in the year. However, as we look at the release schedule for the balance of the year, we are confident that the hard core consumer (who never left) will continue to buy games, and we think that a more robust offering of casual games, coupled with the introduction of Wii MotionPlus and a slew of new content designed for the Wii, will lure the more casual consumer off of the couch and into retail stores," he added.
Thoughts?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
KrystalRules
Krystal Master!
Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50 Points: 6,126, Level: 50
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Sleepy
KrystalRules will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Member of the Month NFF Radio Award Poster Member of the Month Signature of the Month Yoshi 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via AIM to KrystalRules Xbox Live Gamertag: Blodhthringa
I feel nintendo has nothing to worry about. Supply and Demand says the sales have decline sometime. lol the higher they are early the harder they will fall later.

The nintendo investers need to have patience and they will continue to make money.

Thanks to Mimi and Cindy for the sig!! You two are amazing!!! <3
Thanks for Avi Mims!! <3 Love ya!

~~ Cornerian Wars ~~ Chapter 9 Now up!!
~~ KR's Song Book ~~
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

They've sold 50 million Wiis. That's ALREADY more than the Super NES sold. Nintendo have nothing to worry about.

V Haha this post sucks V
Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Spirit
Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

My Mood: Angelic
Spirit is on a distinguished road

Economy playing a role in this. n so what. wii still rules
Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
They could stop selling consoles now and still win the war. Most likely

Supply and demand. What suprises me is that the business analysts are making a big fuss over what happens all the time, almost like they are suprised. damn Sony-sponsored business news.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
KrystalRules
Krystal Master!
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Sword

Awards Showcase
Royalty Member of the Month NFF Radio Award Poster Member of the Month Signature of the Month Yoshi 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaSlayer33 View Post
They could stop selling consoles now and still win the war. Most likely

Supply and demand. What suprises me is that the business analysts are making a big fuss over what happens all the time, almost like they are suprised. damn Sony-sponsored business news.

He speaks the truth!

~~ KR's Song Book ~~
Old 04-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,431, Level: 94 Points: 23,431, Level: 94 Points: 23,431, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I think that's because everyone already has a Wii now.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
KrystalRules
Krystal Master!

Awards Showcase

Supply and Demand.

~~ KR's Song Book ~~
Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #9
Doopliss
Music maker
Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Doopliss is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Doopliss
Nintendo could stop over-hyping huge games like Brawl and ACCF. Fans like me were getting worked up for an awesome games, and I feel that they were total letdowns. They just don't put the quality in games like they used to =/

I don't doubt it that their sales are going down, considering that not a single good DS game has been released in a while, and most of the casual Wii gamers have been pacified with Wii Sports and Wii fit.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss View Post
Nintendo could stop over-hyping huge games like Brawl and ACCF. Fans like me were getting worked up for an awesome games, and I feel that they were total letdowns. They just don't put the quality in games like they used to =/

I don't doubt it that their sales are going down, considering that not a single good DS game has been released in a while, and most of the casual Wii gamers have been pacified with Wii Sports and Wii fit.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, Suikoden Tierkreis, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon Platinum, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure, and Avalon Code all disagree with you.

V Haha this post sucks V
Closed Thread