Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Resident Evil 4 - PS2
Resident Evil 4 - PS2
Not zombies!
Published by DarkLegacy
05-14-2009
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Resident Evil 4 - PS2

This is my first review so Iím going to make it nice and simple.

Gameplay:

Overall this game plays like a dream. When I first picked up the controller it took a while to get used too pressing R1 then using X to fire but once Iíd mastered it I found it very effective. You follow the story of secret agent Leon Kennedy who has been sent to a village where the presidentís daughter is being held captive by the evil Lord Saddler and his people Ganados (Not zombies) itís a gripping storyline that had me addicted. One of the best things about his game is the boss fights you come across some pretty freaky stuff as you progress through the game. But the most scary thing in here is the chainsaw lunatics you encounter throughout the game, they can swipe your head clean off is they get to close, so stay make and keep pumping lead into them. The main story line is 20 hours long, trust me the gameplay will blow you away.

Graphics:

The graphics here are amazing you get a lot out of your ps2. All the characters look very realistic and the guns well designed. The light and shadow balance if perfect to make a spooky atmosphere for a survival horror game.

Sound:

The gameís sound track is mostly atmospheric stuff but is excellently done and really makes you on edge.

Overall:
Combine all this together you get an awesome game. Ignore the age rating EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THIS GAME. In my opinion the best Resident Evil game and one of the best games on ps2.

Gameplay-10/10
Graphics-9/10
Sound-8/10
Overall-9/10
Published by
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice
Sponsored Links
By Whiskermush on 05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
It's a good review but it lacks information.

As it is your first I won't crit as much about it because you have to start from somewhere, right? ;D
By DarkLegacy on 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks man it was quite a quick job.
By Ender on 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Also, I think it's weird that you rated the PS2 version, when this is a Nintendo site, and there are Gamecube and Wii versions.
By SeanMi on 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
@Ender
probably since he had the PS2 version.....
though saying it was for GC and Wii also is better.

Kinda short, lacks alot of info, but good start. RE4 is one of my favorite games!
By DarkLegacy on 05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah I did it because I haven't played any of the other versions eh. Gamecube/Wii.
Good on you Sean it's a awesome game.
By T2KFreeker on 05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
The biggest problem I have with the PS2 version is the overuse of the color brown. Mind you, I know that the scenery and whatnot would be different shades of said color, but the Gamecube version is much more sharp looking and the color depth much stronger, especially later in the game when things get more interesting.
Comment