Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Review
Published by gamerman64
02-24-2008
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Before I start, I have to say, that this is one of the best games I have ever played.

Samus is back in the third and final installment of the Prime trilogy.

This is the first Metroid game out on the Wii. The previous 2 have been Gamecube releases, and have been criticsed a lot because of their difficult controls, but have been praised on the quality of the graphics and gameplay. The Wii version however, has the best FPS controls of any FPS ever made, with the added best graphics on Wii (so far) and an amazing storyline.

The controls are simple - point and shoot with the Wii Remote, and walk and strafe with the Nunchuk. There are many options and sub-menus, plus Samus's ability to turn into a morph ball, all accessible easy with the other buttons on the console. The controls are so easy, it actually feels like you are in the game.

And the graphics - they are outstanding. I had no idea the Wii was capable of such good graphics. The detail up close is pixelated, but the overall view is remarkable, much like the previous 2 Prime games.

The story is relatively simple too - Samus is going after Dark Samus, and evil version of herself. She has a new suit, a Phazon suit, which also brings new weapons and abilities into the game. To use the Phazon suit, it takes a tank of energy from Samus's health, but temporarily makes her invincible, with amazing firepower. The adventure is not very complicated or hard to follow, but does provide challenges along the way, so it wouls suit anyone from hardcore gaming to noob gaming.

Unfortuantely, like all other Metroid games (with the exception of Hunters), there is no multiplayer.

Overall rating: 9.6
Excellent FPS/Adventure, with the most amazing controls or graphics you will see in a long long time.
Published by
gamerman64 is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
By Shrukain22 on 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerman64 View Post

Unfortuantely, like all other Metroid games (with the exception of Hunters), there is no multiplayer.
wait, what? Did you ever play
Metroid Prime 2: Echos? I spent many an hour on that multiplayer, and I'm pretty darn sure that the first Metroid Prime had multiplayer too. I think this because in a review I read on IGN, it said this is the only installment in the Metroid Prime series to not have multiplayer...
By Dr. Jekyll on 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrukain22 View Post
wait, what? Did you ever play
Metroid Prime 2: Echos? I spent many an hour on that multiplayer, and I'm pretty darn sure that the first Metroid Prime had multiplayer too. I think this because in a review I read on IGN, it said this is the only installment in the Metroid Prime series to not have multiplayer...
I think he's talking about online multiplayer.
By op89x on 10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
The original Metroid Prime did not have multiplayer.
By ruffer on 11-12-2008, 12:20 AM
this is a good game i own it but it does get extremely hard
Comment