Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Call of Duty 3 Review
Published by gamerman64
02-24-2008
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Call of Duty 3 Review

This is a WWII first person shooter. Unlike the versions on other consoles, the Wii version is slow, looks awful, and doesn't play very well.

However, it has a decent storyline and relatively fun controls.

If you dont get a glitch at the start, where you keep looking through the binouclars, then you will notice that the graphics are almost awful. It looks like it has been ported from N64 (its not that bad, but getting there). The characters look silly, and the game doesn't look too appealing.

But, when the gameplay gets going, you will realise that behind the grubby 3D visuals there is a pretty decent shooting game. The controls are easy - point and shoot with the Wii Remote, and walk and strafe with the Nunchuk. Very nice to control and shoot, but there are a few glitches here and there. These are excusable - there aren't many that affect gameplay.

The storyline is average, but it is reasonably long, and there are other difficulties to choose from to make the game last longer.

There is no multiplayer... None at all. Terrible.

Overall rating: 6.2
Great game, good for a while, but you would be better off renting it than buying it, or just getting Metroid Prime 3.
Published by
gamerman64 is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
I would have to agree with you I played this a month ago, and was very disappointed with it. I'm glad my buddie just rented it. I'm waiting for a good first person shooter that uses that is designed with the zapper in mind.
By gamerman64 on 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I think the closest thing we have so far is Red Steel of Metroid Prime 3, both of which are awesome. But we really need a decent FPS, like Xbox has Halo.
By Dr. Jekyll on 07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerman64 View Post
I think the closest thing we have so far is Red Steel of Metroid Prime 3, both of which are awesome. But we really need a decent FPS, like Xbox has Halo.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p1.html

This may be what you're looking for.

Doesn't really interest me though... Seems kinda boring, premise wise. But hell, I still may give it a try for its alien killing violence!
By Mario on 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
A new Call of Duty is coming out for the Wii, its called Call of Duty:World at War, and will be released in the Fall of 2008.
By jumbotron on 07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
I like it on the PC better.
Comment