Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Metroid Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Metroid: The other M

Use this thread to talk about the new Metroid game for 2010. The trailer can be found here.

EDIT: A much higher quality version of the trailer can be found here.

Last edited by op89x; 06-03-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Well, I think Nintendo should be more creative with titles. But it is being made by Team Ninja people, so it should be interesting to see the outcome.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Here's what I know about it so far:

Adam Malkovich is in it.
The game will use traditional side-scrolling as well as FPS elements.
The game will explore Samus's childhood.
The game takes place before the events of the original Metroid.

Here's what I think I know looking at the trailer:
Ridley and Mother Brain are in it.
The Power Suit and Charge Beam are usable.
The Zero Suit might be usable.
It appears Samus is using Hyper Boots at one point.

Concerns:
Metroid is not an action game, and this looks very action-heavy. The games used to be all about exploration and all that, but this looks like it'll be focused on some serious hand-to-hand stuff. I mean, she's pulling enemies down by the neck and blasting their heads in. Awesome, but maybe not Metroid awesome. I'm also afraid the game might be pretty linear. Hopefully speed-runs will still be desireable.

Either way, you bet I'm getting this as soon as it's out. I love the Metroid story and I want to see more of its origin.

Last edited by op89x; 06-03-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Fanning View Post
Well, I think Nintendo should be more creative with titles. But it is being made by Team Ninja people, so it should be interesting to see the outcome.
Double-post but whatever, I forgot to address Elle!

Anyways, here's my thoughts about the title. First of all, the abbreviation is MOM, which could be a reference to Mother Brain. Second, the name could be a reference to a line at the end of Metroid, which went, "THE GALAXY MAY BE INVADED BY THE OTHER METROID. PRAY FOR A TRUE PEACE IN SPACE." This would mean the game takes place after Metroid, probably.

I still think this game takes place before Metroid though, just because of how young Samus looks. We shall see. It's certainly before Super Metroid, although there's a Space Pirate in the trailer that I've only seen in Fusion, so I don't know what that's all about.

Oh, and screenshots from E3 show that Crocomire is back! He was sort of a mini-boss you fought in Norfair during Super Metroid.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
Totally and utterly unhappy. Looks like Samus will be losing a whole lotta depth in this game.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Old 06-03-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaSlayer33 View Post
Totally and utterly unhappy. Looks like Samus will be losing a whole lotta depth in this game.
I'm afraid of a lot of things going wrong, here. Nintendo got very lucky with Retro Studios; I was nervous when they announced Metroid would be an FPS, but I ended up loving it.

What are your concerns, specifically?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 AM   #7
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
I'm really concerned that the games will feature mostly around the 3rd person bosses. If not then it could really allow greater exploration, but from what I've seen, this looks like more of a spin off than a serious addition to the main series. It's a black sheep, if you will.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Yeah, I'm afraid of that as well. I'm also concerned that the series will lose some of its mystique, especially with that black guy in the trailer. Are we supposed to know him? Is he Armstrong Houston? Sylux? Or just a new character (and if so, why put him in the trailer)?

It sort of looks like the game will be one interactive cinematic, and I'm not sure I like how the game is so populated; the other Metroid games had you utterly alone, which was awesome. MP3 started to break away from that, but only in the beginning.

But I'll wait for more details before I get upset. Right now, I'm just pumped that Metroid is getting some attention.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 AM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Yeah, I'm a little concerned, but I guess it's gotta be good. After all, it's Metroid!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Agreed, Aota.
It will be interesting to see Samus's childhood. Perhaps it will show all the training she underwent with the Chozo.