Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Metroid Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Prime series Bosses

This thread is for anything you want to say about any of the bosses in the Prime series.

For starters, I think my favorite bosses were in the original Prime. Echoes had some bosses who were great in terms of difficulty, but I thought that overall they lacked design and creativity.

Corruption definitely had the worst bosses, though. They were too easy and not very inspired at all.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
I think I'd pretty much have to agree with this summary.

The first MP's bosses felt classic in a way, and even reminded me a bit of TLoZ: OoT's boss battles.

Emperor Ing was a b*tch to beat, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed that this large blob-ish thing was the final boss. (I don't count Dark Samus, since it survives)

Corruption's bounty hunters were the stupidest, most generic characters I've ever seen.
Because of them, I will never play MP: Hunters.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I think I'd pretty much have to agree with this summary.

The first MP's bosses felt classic in a way, and even reminded me a bit of TLoZ: OoT's boss battles.

Emperor Ing was a b*tch to beat, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed that this large blob-ish thing was the final boss. (I don't count Dark Samus, since it survives)

Corruption's bounty hunters were the stupidest, most generic characters I've ever seen.
Because of them, I will never play MP: Hunters.
The problem with MP3's bounty hunters is that they didn't have much backstory. In fact, I think Ghor was the only one with any real backstory at all, and it only served to make you feel terrible about what happens to him. Hunters has much better bounty hunters. You have an ex-Space Pirate general who was nearly killed and now resides in a body that is mostly machine (like Ghor), a mysterious human-like creature who wears stolen Federation armor, uses stolen Federation weapons, and rides a stolen Federation ship, someone looking for ideas as to what happened to his race (he is the last of his kind), someone created in a lab, which he then destroyed (he is the first and only of his kind), someone so obsessed with justice that we will destroy anything that stands in his way (including you), and someone sent to find new planets for his race to conquer.

There's plenty of other reasons to avoid Hunters, as you fight the same three bossess multiple times and the controls are terrible, but the new bounty hunters were great and their weapons were truly unique. Check out the hunters here.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Hmm.

They all kinda look like modified Space Pirates.

Generic generic generic generic.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Hmm.

They all kinda look like modified Space Pirates.

Generic generic generic generic.
I could see that for some of them, but to each his own. Even though I think some of the new hunters are awesome, they still don't save hunters from being a mediocre game.

Anyways, who wishes Kraid was in Prime, as was originally planned?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Would have been nice.

Also in Prime 3 when you fight the Aurora Unit, that boss looked so BA, then it just sucked and was probably one of the easiest bosses in the game. Come on its the predecessor to Mother Brain 2.0.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 AM   #7
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

The end bosses to Prime 3 were terrible. There was so much build up to get to them, but the final planet was just a huge disappointment and super linear, and then you fight two bosses in a row that require very little strategy. Dark Samus should have offered up more of a challenge, especially because she's Metroid Prime and you've basically been fighting her for three games.

I would have liked Kraid in Prime, but did anyone see the model they planned to use? It looks terrible, and Kraid has some weird helmet thing on his head. I'd like Kraid, but not as he looked. Maybe that's why they left him out.

Kraid for Other M!

Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

No doubt Kraid will be in the Other M. I've been thinking about that game, what if its just a game of flashbacks?

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

It won't be. Search the thread for my link to the interview; the main dude says it's supposed to tell the story of what happens between Metroid 3 and 4. But if it was just a rehashing of, say, Super Metroid in 3D, that would be perfectly fine with me. Either way, there looks to be a lot of flashbacks in the game. Unless we fight Mother Brain as she blasts a giant infant Metroid which is shielding us before we blow her away with a huge super-powered blast again.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
Corruption definitely had the worst bosses, though. They were too easy and not very inspired at all.
I liked the one against ridley when you where falling down that shoot.

Tag by me
Closed Thread