Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Gay adoption

So, should gay couples (same-sex couples) be allowed to adopt children?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Absolutely.

What the hell's the difference?

As long as the parents are loving, I don't care. The fact is that there are too many children in this country (let alone others) that need to be adopted for us to eliminate thousands of eligible couples based on their sexual orientation.
Not only is it discrimination, but it leaves the kids in a ****ty, failing, overloaded foster care system.

And before it happens, let it be said that I will flame the first person who says that the kids will turn gay, or the kids will be corrupted.

FYI.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

By flame, you mean educate, right?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Cabin9
Baptized in a river
Points: 1,062, Level: 17 Points: 1,062, Level: 17 Points: 1,062, Level: 17
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Shuriken

My Mood: Doh
Cabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Artist Signature of the Month 

m totlay for all rights for gays but one main reason loads of people will take so much piss out of the kid for have 2 dads or 2 mums __________________

Old 06-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Ender
Don't mess wif him

Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
By flame, you mean educate, right?
Precisely.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

This is why I love you, Ender.

To be honest, though, I'm pretty undecided on this issue. Part of me wants to say that gays deserve the same rights (and they do) and that there are so many children who could benefit from going to loving homes, and yet a part of me also believes that every child benefits from having a father figure and a mother figure. Take, for example, boys who are raised by single mothers. Research shows these boys don't do as well as children with both parents or even single fathers. But what exactly is the cause? Is it that there's no father figure, or is it because of the reason there is no father figure?

So I need to be educated a bit more before I can give a good opinion on the matter.

Both sides, that's your cue.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Skullz
Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Skullz has a spectacular aura aboutSkullz has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Like I said, I don't believe in it morally. Legally, however, they're entitled to it.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
I think they should definitely be allowed to adopt kids.

If they really want a kid, adopting would be good for them and the kid. The kid would have a family, and the parents would have a kid. Just because you're gay does not mean you're unfit to be a parent.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 06-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Marzipie
Painted.It.Red
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3

Marzipie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Marzipie Send a message via MSN to Marzipie PSN ID: None. Xbox Live Gamertag: None.
I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to adopt. Many gay people would make much better parents than some straight couples out there... As long as a child has two parents to love and nurture it, I don't see the problem. ^.^

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Ender
Don't mess wif him

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
This is why I love you, Ender.

To be honest, though, I'm pretty undecided on this issue. Part of me wants to say that gays deserve the same rights (and they do) and that there are so many children who could benefit from going to loving homes, and yet a part of me also believes that every child benefits from having a father figure and a mother figure. Take, for example, boys who are raised by single mothers. Research shows these boys don't do as well as children with both parents or even single fathers. But what exactly is the cause? Is it that there's no father figure, or is it because of the reason there is no father figure?

So I need to be educated a bit more before I can give a good opinion on the matter.

Both sides, that's your cue.
Your gay love for me aside, maybe the reason that single mother-raised children do poorly is because there is only one parent.
Should we ban single people from adoption? (actually, this was done in one of the southern states recently, where no unmarried person could adopt a child, and both caring straight single people and gay couples suffered from this stupid ruling)
I think a caring couple, whether they be straight or gay, will be well equipped enough to deal with any child.
Besides, with the fathers many people have, I'm sure a lot of people wish they had two moms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzipie View Post
I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to adopt. Many gay people would make much better parents than some straight couples out there... As long as a child has two parents to love and nurture it, I don't see the problem. ^.^
That's all that really needs to be said.
I wish breeders needed to get a background check and psych profile to be able to have kids.
I see way too many idiot parents out there. I also tend to think that people who go through the grueling and expensive process of adoption aren't going to mistreat or f*ck up their kids...
Closed Thread