Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Yes, that's right. It's another zombie game.
Published by gameaddict
06-21-2009
Author review
Graphics
65%65%65%
Storyline
60%60%60%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
50%50%50%
Average 61%

DEAD RISING: CHOP TILL YOU DROP

CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY

I'm sure that most hardcore gamers know that there has always been a reasonable amount of zombie games, and I'm also sure that a reasonable amount of people have heard of the zombie massacaring game "Dead Rising". Well, the Wii has now got its own exclusive version of Dead Rising, and is titled " Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop". So, how does it compare to the Xbox version?

You control a character named Frank West, just like in the Xbox version. The setting is also the same as the original Xbox game as well - it's set inside the Willamette Shopping Mall. The Shopping Mall is the only place you can go to, but this is alright, since the shopping mall is big enough to explore. One of the biggest annoyances about this game is the loading screens. Although the shopping mall is big enough, every time you enter a room, there is a loading screen. There is a large amount of rooms, and if you're walking directly from the enterance to the exit of a room, you'll probably only be in the room for about thirty seconds or so in a room before there's another loading screen.

You control a character named Frank West.

There are zombies everywhere you go in this game. No matter what your objective is, or where you're going to, you're going to encounter a number of zombies. One of the great things about this game is the variety of ways you can choose to massacre the many zombies you will encounter. All around the shopping mall, there are different objects that you can use against the zombies. The objects range from knifes to brooms to buckets, and there's a lot more. These are all good for close range fighting. There are different types of guns as well, which are best used for when you're further away. This may seem useful, but it's not. It is easy enough just to dodge all of the zombies without using any weapons. In fact, nearly the whole game can be done without a weapon.

Here's a large horde of zombies.

There are missions which you need to complete. These make up most of the game. These are quite fun, but they get repetitive quite quickly. All of the missions are too much like each other, and there isn't much creativity. The game could have really good and fun missions which are really exciting, and hook you in to the game, but they get repetitive too quickly.

The controls are better. You hold B to aim, and A to shoot. This makes sense, and the shooting is fun. Although, as I have already said before, the shooting is pointless when it is easy enough to just simply avoid the zombies, and there isn't much point killing the zombies, since they just appear again a few seconds later, anyway.

CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY: 7.0/10

GRAPHICS AND SOUND

Sure, the Wii's graphics aren't quite as good as the Xbox 360's, but they aren't much worse. So when there is a Wii version of "Dead Rising" is released, you would surely assume that the game creators would aim to make the graphics as good as possible. But "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop" lacks a bit in graphics. The Wii is capable of a game with graphics a lot better than "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop", so what is the game creator's excuse for not making the graphics better?

The sound was also not very convincing. The sound of the knife being stabbed in to a zombie didn't sound very realistic.

GRAPHICS: 6.5/10

SOUND: 5.0/10

STORYLINE

You play as Frank West, a photographer who has come to Willamette to take some pictures after hearing about an incident that has happened. But, after arrival, Frank realizes that there is a bit more at Willamette that he wasn't expecting... zombies. Frank has to horde of loads of zombies while trying to find out what triggered the zombies to come alive in the first place. But, while at Willamette, Frank becomes infected by a zombie, and it's up to him to find a way to rid him of the infection before he becomes a zombie.

I didn't enjoy the story line nearly as much as I originally thought I would. It first started to sound really good, and I thought that it would be quuite exciting, but the cutscenes weren't very exciting, to be honest. I've already given a bit of the plot away, so I won't tell any more, but just don't get your hopes up. It's not a great story line.

STORY LINE: 6.0/10

OVERALL

Overall, it isn't a great game, but if you feel like killing a few zombies with a chain saw, then this is your game! It is much more fun to just collect some objects and go around killing some zombies than actually playing the game. Other zombie games on the Wii like Resident Evil or House of the Dead: Overkill have better replay value, and also better graphics, but this is still quite fun for a little while.

Although Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is definitely not the game its genre, I still somehow find it very fun throwing TV sets at zombie's heads.
Published by
gameaddict is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
By Wiidude on 06-24-2009, 09:29 AM
wiidude enjoyed reading your review.
By Gedow Man on 07-11-2009, 09:45 AM
You need waaaaaay more detail. Elaborate on the subjects more.
By Invisibleman on 07-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Good review! But could use more detail :B
Comment