Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Wii Play
Wii Play
Why don't we play?
Published by gameaddict
06-21-2009
Author review
Graphics
55%55%55%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
65%65%65%
Average 60%
Wii Play

INTRO

Wii Play is a brilliant little game that lets you use the Wiimote in many different ways. The main purpose of this game is to show the player how to use the Wiimote, and it definitely achieves this. Wii Play is a fun game to play in competition with another person. It is more of a multiplayer game than single player, so if there isn't anyone with you, then it may not be a great time to play Wii Play.

* (I would like to note that I haven't written a section on the story line of the game, since there isn't really one), so I will just give it a neutral rating (five).

GRAPHICS

The graphics are similar to the rest of the Wii games, really. The graphics aren't fantastic state of the art technology, but I don't think that a game like this needs to be. Wii Play doesn't aim for great graphics, it aims to teach the player how to use the wiimote, and for the player to just have fun.

GRAPHICS: 5/10

CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY

Each of the nine different games in Wii Play teach you to use the wiimote in a different way. The games become more and more complex as the game progresses, and the ways you use the wiimote become harder. This makes sense, and it works perfectly. Some of the games are really fun to play by yourself, and some games are best played with somebody else by your side, and some of the games just aren't fun. The table tennis game was especially bad. The player was not able to move, and there was no incentive to keep on playing the game. The first shooting game was one of the best games in Wii Play, but it didn't last for very long, and it didn't have very good replay value.

This game really uses the capabilities of the Wiimote. Throughout the game, you will be swinging, flicking, twisting, waggling and doing a lot more things with your wiimote. Not many games utilize the capabilities of the wiimote very much, but this game is definitely an exception. The game that used the capabilities of the wiimote most would have to be a game where you twist the wiimote to move your mii from side to side, and there are bubbles falling from the top of the screen that you have to place your mii in at just the correct angle. This game was great because it lasted a long time, and gradually got harder. It was challenging, and had a lot more play value than most of the other games.

CONTROLS/GAMEPLAY: 7/10

SOUND

The music is reasonably interesting, and there is a variety of sounds. There are sounds of tin cans being shot at, bird sounds, hitting and colliding sounds, the list goes on. The main reason why this game has such a wide variety of sounds is because there are nine different mini games, and they all have specific themes which differ greatly.

SOUND: 6/10

OVERALL

Overall, Wii Play is a fun game, but better with another person. It would have been better if the game was capable of four players, but it is still fun, regardless.

OVERALL: 6/10

Thank you for reading my review, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
Published by
gameaddict is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
By CarboKill on 08-15-2009, 05:42 AM
Storyline should be zero.
By DarkLegacy on 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
The main reason for people buying this game is the extra Wii mote. The actually game sucks.
By XXmeluckyXX® on 02-20-2010, 04:14 AM
This game is rubbish.Does the wii REALLY need another minigame collection???
By ... on 02-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXmeluckyXX® View Post
This game is rubbish.Does the wii REALLY need another minigame collection???
Tanks was still fun
By Brassica Prime on 03-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure why a game with such little substance was reviewed at all...would you review a mini game compilation for the Wii if it wasn't such a big seller?

I'm not sure if any complaints are at the lack of the reviewers talents, or the lack of substance in the game itself.

I'm getting annoyed at seeing the same games getting reviewed over and over agin, but explore no new territory, especially games such as Wii Play which are only getting reviewed because they a best sellers and will likely get views and comments. Please stop this. I thought the idea of the review of the month was to do this, but oh well. There is quality, but EACH review could be. Please heed this advice.
By gameaddict on 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
55%55%55%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
65%65%65%
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassica Prime View Post
I'm not sure why a game with such little substance was reviewed at all...would you review a mini game compilation for the Wii if it wasn't such a big seller?

I'm not sure if any complaints are at the lack of the reviewers talents, or the lack of substance in the game itself.

I'm getting annoyed at seeing the same games getting reviewed over and over agin, but explore no new territory, especially games such as Wii Play which are only getting reviewed because they a best sellers and will likely get views and comments. Please stop this. I thought the idea of the review of the month was to do this, but oh well. There is quality, but EACH review could be. Please heed this advice.
Reviewing this game because it is a best seller was never my intention.

I reviewed it because I thought that people would enjoy reading it, and enjoy discussing what they thought of the game, and how agreed or disagreed with me.
By Pokeman on 04-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassica Prime View Post

Or you could stop complaining and just not read the damn review
By Brassica Prime on 04-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Or you could stop complaining and just not read the damn review
There is a defined but thin line between criticism (however harsh) and unpleasantness for the sake of being unpleasant. Congratulations for firmly establishing yourself in the latter
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 04-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I agree with Brassica as I've said. It is annoying to see the same game reviewed over and over again.
Comment