Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Emotional Impact in Games

Has a game ever had an emotional impact on you? Made you happy, sad, anxious, scared, repulsed? If so, what game, and how? This discussion is not limited to Nintendo games, so all games are fair...uh, game here.

Carry on.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Twilight Princess is the game that captured my emotions for the entire game. Some other games have capture my emotions for a few moments of time, but not for the entire game like TP.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

But how?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

The great Story, and the ties that are created between the player, Link, and the surrounding people.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

i think he's looking for something more specific. i'll give an example

Chrono Trigger was my first RPG. upon discovering you could name the characters, i of course typed in my own for Crono. seeing my name not just on the screen, but in the game, with the characters saying it and Crono actually responding to it, is a joyous, triumphant moment that will never leave me.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Well Midna getting blasted with light, and your desperate race to Zelda to help Midna. For the most of the game, I just felt like I needed to save the children. I was relieved when I found them, and they all were alright.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

I think the first game I really got into emotionally was Star Fox 64. Not only did I really feel like a team, but I felt terrible whenever one of my wingmen died. When they called out for help, I was so desperate to get to them and when I didn't it felt like I really let them down. I remember when Slippy got blasted off from the Sector X fight and you went to go get him, I was determined to find him. And when Fox's father helps you escape and then disappears at the end, I actually felt like I had missed out on something big, like Fox had.

That, and the moments when Bill and Katt were in the game were aweseome. Like Katt coming to help you in Sector Z, or on Katina when you come to help Bill out, and then that mothership appears and enemies just start pouring out of it...that was a moment in gaming that stuck with me.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Man
Points: 53,513, Level: 100 Points: 53,513, Level: 100 Points: 53,513, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Cool
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Legend of Zelda used to make me mad
And so did Mario believe it or not. There's always that one cliff that you have to time your jump absolutely precisely to reach! I also felt bad when you would fall from a cliff and the only way to save your life was to jump off of Yoshi in midair while he fell into the bottomless chasm. I lost so many that way.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Currently Playing:

Super Street fighter IV: AE
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
Yelloflyte
Wikipedian
Points: 938, Level: 16 Points: 938, Level: 16 Points: 938, Level: 16

Yelloflyte has a spectacular aura aboutYelloflyte has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to Yelloflyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
Has a game ever had an emotional impact on you? Made you happy, sad, anxious, scared, repulsed? If so, what game, and how? This discussion is not limited to Nintendo games, so all games are fair...uh, game here.

Carry on.
I was repulsed and thrilled by BioShock – by its story, its shock factor, its gratuitousness. I was enchanted by Golden Sun and Fire Emblem. I was emotionally immersed by Morrowind, Oblivion, and both KOTORs. That's about it.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

In all of the Pokemon handheld games, I felt a moment of complete and utter elation when I finally managed to defeat the Champion of the Elite Four and be immortalised in the Hall of Fame. Especially Pokemon Sapphire, simply because of the scenery that happened and the startling revelation of the identity of the Champion herself.