Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Chiodos Music Review!
Chiodos Music Review!
Chiodos is awesome!
Published by KrystalRules
06-30-2009
Author review
Rate the Music
95%95%95%
Average 95%
Chiodos Music Review!

Chiodos is an Alternative band because i don't think that there is a proper Genre to place this very unique band in. With their creative style of music that ranges from slow, piano, violin type music all the way to a metal sound with some heavy bass in some songs.

This Missouri band has an awesome group of guys that work very well together to make music as good as this! Craig Owens voice is just phenomenal! He can scream, he sing heart-felt songs, he sing whatever he wants and makes it sound great!

Bradley Owens Keyboard/piano playing is absolutely amazing! It isn't always complex, but it always fits in the song perfectly! In the song "Intensity In Ten Cities" his piano playing is beautiful! That along with Craig's voice makes a wonderful sounding song!

Pat Mcmanaman (Awesome name!) and Jason Hale are both on guitar and I must say that they work great together! Not many bands can pull off what these two do together with the sound they create! You will just have to listen to it to know what I mean!

Matt Goddard has some just pure awesome bass moments! I.E. In the song "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered" the breakdown of the song that occurs has the most amazing bass sound i have heard in song in a long time!

Derrick Frost drumming is great! His kick drum can get so many times in such a short amount of time its crazy! In "The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined" the kick drum gets pretty awesome sounding at the beginning of the breakdown, the reason i point out that specific point in the song is becasue it really stands out there!

Overall this band is a weird, but awesomely unique band! If you were going to listen to them for the first time I would suggest listenning to "Is It Progression If A Cannibal Uses A Fork?" first. Thats what I did and loved them! And if you like this review listen to the songs I mentioned.

Bad parts: Really the only one i can think of is they can get pretty weird, but i personally think it sounds great still. But you either like or don't like Chiodos at all.

Overall rating I give a 9.5 for being extremely unique and doing a wonderful job of it!
Sponsored Links
By op89x on 06-30-2009, 04:16 AM
I actually went on YouTube and checked these guys out. Not bad.
By Xenon on 06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
This review has convinced me to go and check these guys out. Looks like another album for my iPod!
By DarkLegacy on 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
these guys aren't to bad, nice review.
By SuperGamecube64 on 04-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I saw this CD in wal mart, and unsure who they were, didn't want to take my chances...after looking them up, I regretted not buying it because now I can't find a copy
Closed Review