Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii > Mario Kart Wii

Notices

Mario Kart Wii All about Mario Kart Wii

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
Pityglame
Banned

Pityglame is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Pityglame Send a message via AIM to Pityglame Send a message via Yahoo to Pityglame Xbox Live Gamertag: Pityflame
What MKW should have been like

Pityglame has played MKW and he is not happy.. not happy at all...
Besides the somewhat laggy online, how almost any one item can put you at least 6 places back and its bad controls (wii wheel mostly)
It was missing one major thing I was expecting but did not happen.

The ability to make your own racers, karts and tracks

This is basicly what I expected from Mario Kart Wii. 3:53+ is best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0uKjEr-Tw
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

That game looks awesome. The Wii missed out on LBP and it looks like it's missing out on another awesome game the PS3 is scooping up.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Okay, I wasn't disappointed. And plus, the Wii Wheel controls aren't bad, I just think you're annoyed because you were good at the previous ones and you're not good at this one. Neither was I, but you have to stick with it. Also, you can make your own racers on the Mii Channel.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

I just really wanted a track editor. Even the ability to mess around with a few of the game options would have been great. For example, changing the probability of certain items coming up.

But imagine Mario Kart with the ability to make your own tracks and trade them with people!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

I sez that that is a clone of Mario Kart with a level editor. Wooo big deal.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
I sez that that is a clone of Mario Kart with a level editor. Wooo big deal.
A level editor can be a big deal, especially when every Mario Kart is essentially a clone of the Mario Kart that came before it. Look at LBP; it's essentially a Mario clone with a level editor, but the level editor is the whole focus of the game. This looks to be about the same way.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
NutMan
Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15

NutMan will become famous soon enough

Xbox Live Gamertag: NutManIV
Yeah a track editor for Mario Kart would be cool. Doubt it'll ever happen though.

The ModNation Racers game is an interesting a idea, but people need to remember that half the fun of Mario Kart is playing with Mario characters.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Mario Kart will still have higher sales though. I mean lets just say 10% of Wii owners have Mario Kart Wii, and 50% of PS3 Owners have Modnation. Mario Kart still has more people who bought it.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
If you want that racing kart game, buy a PS3. LBP is an awesome game aswell.

Mario Kart Wii is the worst in the series. Every 5 seconds you get hit by an shell, or if leading, a blue shell. The wii wheel handles okay at times, but when you want to drift, you sometimes go in the wrong direction.
And the addition of bikes in Mario KART is ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
Pityglame
Banned

Pityglame is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Pityglame Send a message via AIM to Pityglame Send a message via Yahoo to Pityglame Xbox Live Gamertag: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
If you want that racing kart game, buy a PS3. LBP is an awesome game aswell.

Mario Kart Wii is the worst in the series. Every 5 seconds you get hit by an shell, or if leading, a blue shell. The wii wheel handles okay at times, but when you want to drift, you sometimes go in the wrong direction.
And the addition of bikes in Mario KART is ridiculous.
Exactly, also with Wii Wheel sometimes when I go off a jump it launches me off a cliff :/

oh and btw Xenon, I never really was a big fan of Mario Kart, I really only played MK64 and DD. Everyone was good at both of those games if you played it for more then an hour. What I ment as 'bad controls' was mostly the drifting and trying to dodge things. Basicly Gamecube controller is easier for all that (besides doing stunts midair) but I've used Wii Wheel 87% (it says in the game) and I prefer to use it... but I still hate it

The Anti has voiced it's opinion, so it is true
Closed Thread