Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Unhappy Suicide: Against Religion, and the Law

Ok, so Suicide is when someonne murders oneself. In some (idk if all) religions, it's sinful. Many causes of suicide is fear, neglection, depression, and loneliness. I mean, the most suicide cases are in Japan, because os stress. Teenagers get stressed out in school, and can't cope with it. What are you thoughts about it? I mean, I personally think that suicide should remaing against the law, and that it should be sinful. How could you not want to live? Life has its ups and downs!! Some people just can't cope with that! What are your thoughts about it?

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Ahh a interesting topic this is.

It isn't much about "Coping" with life. It's more about there isn't a purpose for life or life has rejected me. Sometimes suicide can happen from a chain reaction. A person loses their job and gets angry, starts smoking, drinking excessively, and possibly taking drugs. Eventually the person's brain gets so messed up that the brain poses this question... "I've tried about everything I could do, why not suicide now?"

One of the most interesting and devastating causes of suicide is being heartbroken. When you get dumped by a girl/guy, we can all agree it hurts badly inside. Even so, you decide you worked hard enough to get one girl/guy and you have the feeling that life just simply isn't important to you anymore. Time to suicide.

Of course I do agree that suiciding is a last resort and is a horrible thing to do but some people just have to do it.
Whiskermush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Rai17
Actor
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskermush View Post
Ahh a interesting topic this is.

It isn't much about "Coping" with life. It's more about there isn't a purpose for life or life has rejected me. Sometimes suicide can happen from a chain reaction. A person loses their job and gets angry, starts smoking, drinking excessively, and possibly taking drugs. Eventually the person's brain gets so messed up that the brain poses this question... "I've tried about everything I could do, why not suicide now?"

One of the most interesting and devastating causes of suicide is being heartbroken. When you get dumped by a girl/guy, we can all agree it hurts badly inside. Even so, you decide you worked hard enough to get one girl/guy and you have the feeling that life just simply isn't important to you anymore. Time to suicide.

Of course I do agree that suiciding is a last resort and is a horrible thing to do but some people just have to do it.

hmm...I absolutely love your point of views. And true, some poeple do this act as a last resort. But they decide it to be their last. I mean, they could get help. That's why htey invented the suicidal hotline. I remember when a dear childhood friend of mine wanted to commit suicide. I told him my points of views in life, and that he had so much to hope for. I mean, mostly, people want to commit suicide, it's because they don't how much they mean to the people who love them. And when A boy/girl friend breaks up woth you, of course you'd feel like that, especially if you feel like they're the "one", but that doesnt mean it's the end of the world. C'mon, over some person? We all have to see that there's plenty of fish in the sea.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
Old 07-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
The people who commit suicide are weak and deserve to die. Goodbye
Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Zakku
yeah
Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9

My Mood: Spaced
Zakku has a spectacular aura aboutZakku has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
You don't honestly think like that do you?

It's a build up of pressurized or stress related events, that Whiskermush pointed out, that cause people to end their own life willingly.

It doesn't necessarily mean you're weak, you could be a strong minded individual, and due to a build up of stress related problems in your life, you don't feel needed or wanted (part of the relationship problem Whisker mentioned).

If that is your honest opinion, I respect that, but you cannot say anyone deserves to die. Put yourself in their shoes.

The goal isn't to achieve immortality, it is to create entities that humanity recreate as a mantra in your name for eternity.
Zakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
Zakku
yeah
Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9

My Mood: Spaced
Zakku has a spectacular aura aboutZakku has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai17 View Post
hmm...I absolutely love your point of views. And true, some poeple do this act as a last resort. But they decide it to be their last. I mean, they could get help. That's why htey invented the suicidal hotline. I remember when a dear childhood friend of mine wanted to commit suicide. I told him my points of views in life, and that he had so much to hope for. I mean, mostly, people want to commit suicide, it's because they don't how much they mean to the people who love them. And when A boy/girl friend breaks up woth you, of course you'd feel like that, especially if you feel like they're the "one", but that doesnt mean it's the end of the world. C'mon, over some person? We all have to see that there's plenty of fish in the sea.
What about true love? When you become attached to this one person, who eventually reveals that they do not feel the same way about you, or leaves you. How would that make you feel?
Albeit, I don't think you can answer that, as I'm guessing you've never been in a situation like that at your age (Not implying you should have by the way).

But it's due to many different factors, it's not one little problem that people choose to commit suicide over, as I said, it's a build up of stress related events.

The goal isn't to achieve immortality, it is to create entities that humanity recreate as a mantra in your name for eternity.
Zakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
I'm sorry to say this but that's a cruel thing to say.

It isn't entirely their fault you know.
Whiskermush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #8
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 

i must point out that unless someone here has had suicidal thoughts or attempted it, this is a pointless discussion
da Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
Rai17
Actor

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbitrator View Post
What about true love? When you become attached to this one person, who eventually reveals that they do not feel the same way about you, or leaves you. How would that make you feel?
Albeit, I don't think you can answer that, as I'm guessing you've never been in a situation like that at your age (Not implying you should have by the way).

But it's due to many different factors, it's not one little problem that people choose to commit suicide over, as I said, it's a build up of stress related events.

True. Different Variables in life...

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #10
Rai17
Actor

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
i must point out that unless someone here has had suicidal thoughts or attempted it, this is a pointless discussion

Not really. We've only discussed this in general. Open discussion. I never asked anyhone how they feel about killing hemselved. I asked about their thoughts and Points of Views on suicide in general.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram