Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Super Earth Defence force >> SNES
My favourite game of all time
Published by Cam3ron36@NFF
07-13-2009
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Super Earth Defence Force
SNES
A review by Cam3ron36

Hey, I dug some reviews out that I've done before and I'll post them here, slightly altered of course.
Enjoy

This game is the best side scroller shooter I have ever played and I wish
could find more like it.
It's fun, challenging and has a decent replay value.

Graphics: Like any other SNES game you'll play it just sums up to be plain SNES graphics but... it's not going to bring the game down much since the graphics are a little above average. 6.5/10

Sound: Again like TG 3000 the game has classic Techno nintendo music but it still meshes well with the game, The music on this game is Brilliant for a Snes game and I love the music. 9/10

Replay value: For lovers of the side scroller flight shooter the replay value would be 4, But since flight shooters aren't for everyone it would be 2 or so. Me myself I get into this game a few times a year. It is much better than Gradius and is worth checking out at least once. 10/10

Challenge: The most challenging game of this genre from what I've played, It takes Extremely good reflexes, But everyone adapts eventually.
This game takes lots of practice and effort. Once you understand this game it could be a favorite. 9/10

Overall: Again this game is definitely worth trying, Look into it. 10/10

Hints:

Here is a quick guide on suitable guns.

Vulcan: The bullets on this gun kind of spread out everywhere and have little power.
I recommend this for experienced players.

Laser: Don't even bother with this one, it is pointless to use. It shoots slow and straight with power.
Not recommended.

Atomic: Shoots really slow but explodes when it hits an enemy and the explosion gets bigger if more planes collide.
Recommended for Experts.

Homing: The easiest to use, This gun shoots really fast and homes onto any nearby enemies with little power.
Recommended for Beginners.

Explode: like atomic but it shoots at a moderate speed and doesn't spread, High power.
Recommended for Moderate users.

S. Laser: Unlike laser S. laser shoots towards where enemies are with power ad at fairly high speeds.
Recommended for Beginners.

Photon: Very tricky, Really, It's useful but it takes lots of practice, It puts a shield in front of you and you have to hit all the enemies with your shield. Very powerful and shoots a big bullet after charging.
Recommended for Experts.

Grenade: Almost as pointless as laser. Basically it just fires 6 grenades everywhere randomly every 5 10 seconds.
Not recommended.

List of recommendations (1=best 8=worst)

1. Homing
2. S. Laser
3. Photon
4. Vulcan
5. Explode
6. Atomic
7. Grenade
8. Laser

So if you're a beginner Just stick to homing or S. laser for now.

Enjoy the review

Attached:

Theres a runthrough of level 2 and level 5 music.
Published by
NHL Fanatic
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of
Sponsored Links
By Ausden on 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM
This is the second review I've seen of yours. In both, you need pictures, video's, maybe even music. Good reviews thought, just add some eye candy to them. Keep up the good work!
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks, like I've said, my reviews are quite unorthadox to your sites terms.
I'll add some stuff though, Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: okay, I added some green to the writing and I also added a gameplay pic, gameplay video and music, Better?
Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 07-15-2009 at 12:20 PM..
By da Beef on 07-15-2009, 01:34 PM
when i say formatting, i wasn't talking about adding pictures, music, or coloring the text (actually you should never, ever color text), i was talking about organizing your paragraphs in a more readable fashion. reviews that are just lists i have a hard time focusing on, and i'm sure others feel the same. this isn't a standard of this site, but all over the internet.

so make it actually look like something that is intended to be read, and then you can add all the extras.
By op89x on 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM
There's not really "rules" per se, but there are suggested ways of doing things to make your reviews better received. I typed up some guidelines which you can find here.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM
okay, I'll have to fix up my reviews to suit this sites standards... but I really can't write about the story line on games like this...
Thanks for the guidelines op, I'll check them now.
By da Beef on 07-21-2009, 12:45 AM
this game looks fun and has a great title
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
it is my favourite game ever, you should try it on an Emulator.
Comment