Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
The product of a 80's club and one too many beers

Hey dudes. Yes, I'm one of those people. But I digress.....

The name is Joe, but you can call me SegaSlayer33. You've been calling me that for the last 8 months. I'm here to tell you about the product of an 80s club and one too many beers. And a lifelong exposure to Nintendo goodness.

Dislikes: People who bitch about everything, People who hate anything that wasn't from the good ol' days, feminists after the year 2001.

I Like Nintendo because:
I was exposed at a very early age, the Game boy was my teddy bear, and I have been the victim of Sega-jock abuse. Too many times....

I was born in 1985. It was a glorious year. A teenager went back in time and nearly banged his mom. The United Kingdom had its first national Glow Worm day. And Mike Tyson started beating up people on television and used sport as his excuse. On one casual December after school, when I was less than a year old, my big big brother got a NES from the toy store. Little did I know that it would be the start of a lifelong affection for the big N in the sky.

Now is probably a good time to address something that may become confusing later on. I have two elder brothers and one younger sister. I was born in 1985, my brothers in 1978 and 1981, and my sister in 1988. I have a mom, a dad and a step mom. I, my big brother and my big big brother are a product of the first marriage.

Anyway, that was the start of it. I used to sit with a blank stare at the blobs of pixels on the TV screen from my cot on the other side of the room. My big brother also played heavily, and the two of them always used to have competitions to see who was better. I can always remember my bb brother asking for a rematch in Tecmo Bowl, which he was hopeless at. I eventually got my Game Boy after a bet with my b brother and Tetris was my teddy bear. I would always dwiddle away at it, in the car, in bed, under the table, anywhere I could. My bb brother noticed, and for my birthday, I got a glorious helping of 20 AA batteries. Son of a bitch....

School and friends were always something I was good at (very modest). My entire family always had long, lanky legs and large frames, so PE was always my fave subject. I finally got my own console with the Super Nintendo, and sooooooo many lunchtimes were filled with verbal brawls with my classmates over the console wars at the time. I had a couple of close friends, and my b brother defected to Sega (poor sod). My bb brother would always go out late at night, returning waaay after he should of and getting words thrown at him by my step mom. She always favored my sister, even when it was obvious she was in the wrong. We moved about 3 times because of her, and each time I had to make new friends. Around this time my mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She died in 1997.

The Nintendo 64 days (11-16) were probably the best years of my childhood. My friends were all excellent, I had tons of girlfriends, lots of fun gaming and my grades were sweet. I must admit though, It was not without problems. My bb brother moved out, as did my b brother and for a while I had no idea what to do with myself. My brothers had always been my best friends, and I would sometimes just stay in the house for hours playing on my Nintendo 64, missing them. I decided around this time I would love to be a teacher, mainly because High School was the most fun thing in the world to me at the time. I remember having 2 dates to my best friends party, messing around in class and getting to know some really great people.

After that, I went to University and decided that I wanted as many options available as I could, so using some money that I won in the lottery (NO JOKE! Not that much, about 15 grand plus 40 grand in my moms will) and went to a university to get degrees that would allow me to teach various subjects. I decided PE because I loved it, English because I always liked English, and French so I could travel. So, for about 6 years, my life was partying, more girlfriends and traveling, followed with studying. And of course, then I stumbled along NFF. I recently moved to New Zealand.

So yeah, that's my life. I may go through my current happenings in more detail if I have the time.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

You can teach? So awesome.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

next inquiry topic is on video games

Old 07-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Awesome, SegaSlayer! I reckon it's great when people let us know about their lives.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother.
So you're qualified to teach? That's cool. I respect anyone who's gone/going to Uni.
I hope you're still friends with your brothers and sister.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
Awesome, SegaSlayer! I reckon it's great when people let us know about their lives.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother.
So you're qualified to teach? That's cool. I respect anyone who's gone/going to Uni.
I hope you're still friends with your brothers and sister.
It's very competitive. It's always who-can-do-this or who-can-find-a-way-to-do-that. And of course video games. The only difference now from then is that I win most of time

Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
NinBoy
Goomba
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

NinBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's nice to see some older nintendo gamers around here.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

old people suck.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
old people suck.
said the young

Old people think young people don't get it, and young people don't get it until they are old, in which case they then fail to understand when the new young think they suck, creating a never-ending cycle...

Old 07-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,188, Level: 100 Points: 52,188, Level: 100 Points: 52,188, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Rock on Sega!!!! And sega your not old man.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #10
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,657, Level: 100 Points: 37,657, Level: 100 Points: 37,657, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
old people suck.
Why are you always an a-hole?

@ThreadTopic, Now I get why you're called SegaSlayer ;]

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Closed Thread