Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
External and Internal Hard Drives

Okay,
considering ya'all know how to upgrade your stock Ps3 hard drive,
and assuming your GB usage have been used up....

Which is better do you more prefer;
an External Hard Drive or an Internal Hard Drive (2.5 only;duh)?

Some say the maxed out internal hard drive's cause too much internal heating, where as the external is kinda slow, but plugs into your usb port.

Which do you prefer, and/or using?

Rockn.

Marvman's upgraded 60gb (120) Ps3;
is running outta space and he's
gettin a WD 320 Internal along with screws,
to replace the Seagate 120.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
I actually prefer internal.

I currently have 2x1TB internal hard drives (1 on 60 the other on 160) but I am running out of space. So here is a question: What is the biggest hard drive compatible with the PS3?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
My 80GB (which actully only shows 74GB) has only 25GB left. I don't understand because i don't even have that much stuff on my PS3, I only own about 9 games. I don't have much music or other things saved.
So i may need to get a harddrive, which i know nothing about.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
@Sean, If you get a new one, the PS3 is compatible with any 2.5-inch SATA notebook hard drive.

**Remember to backup all your data to a removable flash drive! You can do this by going to Settings>System Settings>>Backup Utility

To replace your current hard drive, look on the right side of the PS3 (Assuming you have the PS3 laying flat with the disc tray facing you) and there should be a little cut out thing, open it.

Now unscrew the blue screw carefully, try not to strip the screw. A small pocket knife screwdriver works best.

Once the hard drive is out, unscrew the hard drive from the base and put the new one on with the screws attached.

Slide it back in to the PS3 and screw in the blue screw.

Re-attach the side piece and start up the PS3, and it should format the new hard drive to work with the PS3.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,510, Level: 73 Points: 12,510, Level: 73 Points: 12,510, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Hammer Brother Suit User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel
User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Cucoo
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 
Total Awards: 3

I don't know if there any different then PC externals but I don't think I have ever had an external that has lasted more then a year.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
I don't know if there any different then PC externals but I don't think I have ever had an external that has lasted more then a year.
What brands are you buying for externals?

Closed Thread