Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
Best/Most Memorable RPGs You Have Ever Played

What are some of your best, most memorable Role Playing Games?

From OLD SCHOOL classics to NEW SCHOOL faves.

The Definition of an "RPG" is broad here;
RTS RPGs, Action/Adventure RPGs, Traditional RPGs, MMORPGs;
you state your best and most beloved of them all,
and tell us why you like them.

-------------------------------------------

Marvman's Best in no particular order;

Dragon Quest VIII - One of the best to date ever released on the PS2.
Although it can be quite difficult at times, meeting new foes on the game map, and a real hassle to level up. But never the less, Great.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Massive for the Ps2, when it first was first released. Buggy, but was later addressed in later installments. The storyline was captivating, although the battle system needed refinements.
This game has some of the greatest moments you'll ever see.

Super Mario RPG - Very interesting first foray of Mario and the gang into the world of Traditional RPGs. Had all the feel of a true Nintendo game,
and it gave you a glimpse of the potential of future Mario RPGs. Classic.

Tales of Symphonia - Magnum Opus RPG. Excellent music, Excellent button mashing battle system, Excellent graphics, although sub-par storyline.
There are moments in this game that just rock you. One of Marvman's favorites of all time.

Chrono Trigger - What can you say? Really, Really Awesome....
If you have not played this game,
then it sucks to be you.

Kingdom Hearts 1 - Top quality Action/Adventure RPG. This game has some real nice graphics, and the best Disney sounds you can hear in a game.
Goes by quick at times, but the difficulty notches up when you get into the later levels. Real Good.

Final Fantasy X - Nothing more to be said, everybody has played this game, and some are still playing it now. Marvman still is....

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Marvman spent an entire summer playing this game when it first came out. Everyday he'd wake up, and fire up the SNES, and go visit a new dungeon. Very memorable gameplay.

Dark Cloud 2: Eh.....But worth mentioning.

Phantasy Star Online 1,2 &3 - Same as above.

Skies of Arcadia - When oh when will Sega EVER RELEASE A DAMN SEQUEL TO THIS GAME!?!?! Followers of this EPIC game should send Sega a memorandum. Who didn't like the charming piratey feel of this title?

Valkyria Chronicles - Not a real RPG, but deserves mention.

Fallout 3 - Same as above.

Rockn.

Last edited by marvman3; 07-19-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Guild Wars, the storyline is long and suspenseful and nevertheless the graphics are purely amazing and realistic. Such a good game. Thumbs up.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Shining Force and Final Fantasy VII changed my life
Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Final Fantasy 6, and 8- Perfected the FF formula. When playing 6 I thought it was Perfect, then I played 7 and thought it was a step back, but then 8 brought it back.

Tales of Destiny II and Symphonia- Great Characters, who you actually begin to feel for, and a story which contains the elements of your normal JRPG but ten times better, and still original

Chrono Trigger- Story and the Battle System were great.

Pokemon for handhelds- They are a great time waster.

LoZ: LTTP and TP- The two games that had perfected the LoZ formula so far, both in their respected Dimensions.

I will probably come up with more later.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
da Beef
Banned

Awards Showcase
Poster 

FF8 had horrible writing and a broken battle system

i still love it but i can't see how it is perfection in any way
Old 07-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
Hmm...

In my youth my fave RPG would of had to of been Chrono Trigger, with Super Mario RPG as a close second. I quite enjoy FF7 to this day, but I haven't completed FF6 and probably never will.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

I don't see how the system is broken at all.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
da Beef
Banned

Awards Showcase
Poster 

i got around 5000 HP when i was like level 10. the rest of the game was a cakewalk

broken
Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

It was still fun, and different. Still more epic then 7.

Also you must beat 6 the ending is Epic!!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
da Beef
Banned

Awards Showcase
Poster 

comparing "epicness" of different games is retarded.

and i'm glad you concede that the game was not perfect, i already agreed with you that it was a fun game
Closed Thread