|Register||Arcade||Chat||Forum||Members List||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.|
|View Poll Results: Do you agree?|
|No, the DSi doesn't deserve a 9/10.||0||0%|
|No, I would have given the DSi a higher score!||2||33.33%|
|Not sure because I haven't tried one.||2||33.33%|
|Not sure because I can't rate things very well.||0||0%|
|Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll|
|07-24-2009, 12:54 AM||#1|
The Smart Blonde
Join Date: Jul 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 PostsRep Power: 24
The DSi. Is it a waste of money? Is it better to just have a DSLite, an iPod and a camera? Or is the DSi worth buying?
First things first. The new features of the DSi:
1. 17% larger screens. Not much, you say? It makes a real difference in gameplay.
2. Two cameras, with software to take photos and edit them.
3. DSi Sound. Record and edit your own sounds, or use music off your SD card.
4. An SD card slot.
5. The DSi is slimmer and longer then the DSLite.
6. DSi Shop.
7. An extra brightness setting.
8. A rainbow pen in PictoChat.
9. The ability to turn wireless communications off.
1. The size of the screens. As said before, it makes a real difference.
2. The cameras: As well as taking pictures and editing them, they can be sent to other DSi owners through wireless communications, and also transferred to an SD card, which allows the user to print the photos off a computer.
3. DSi sound: Record sounds and add effects to them. The user can also play music off their SD card.
4. An SD card slot: For pictures and music, as explained above.
5. The size: This makes the console easier to hold, and it is also lighter.
6. DSi Shop: Buy things with Nintendo Points, and save them to the DSi Menu!
7. An extra brightness setting: Allows brighter light, and also dimmer for low battery. It is also a two way selection, rather than the DSLite's cycle of light settings.
8. A rainbow pen: For the more creative type. It can even be seen by DS and DSLite users.
9. Wireless communications: For when on an aeroplane, or when trying to preserve battery life a little longer.
A tenth point that should be noted is that on the DSi there is no GBA game slot.
The DS was a revolution at the time. Then came the DSLite, exactly the same, but easier to hold. Then came the DSi, which whupped their s! There will be a better handheld console, but for the time being, this is the one to have.
So... Out of 10:
Definitely a 9 .
The only letdown is that there is no GBA game slot, but a GBA is inexpensive.
So I have one thing left to say:
for even coming into this review, and also for reading it!!!
|dsi, nff, review|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is the DSI XL like?||Nintendo Mario bro||Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS||15||01-24-2011 06:58 PM|
|What do you think about the DSi?||lilz020||General Nintendo Section||23||12-31-2009 03:48 PM|
|DSi better than DSLite?||KoopaTroopa117||Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS||48||08-17-2009 02:57 PM|
|DSi?||rAnCiD||Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS||31||03-29-2009 12:10 PM|
|DSi R4||Xenon||Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS||17||03-11-2009 02:46 AM|