Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Powerslave - Iron Maiden
Powerslave - Iron Maiden
Maiden at their best
Published by Zatchmo
07-28-2009
Author review
Rate the Music
95%95%95%
Average 95%
Powerslave - Iron Maiden

Ahh... Powerslave... I had always just though Iron Maiden was okay. That was, until I heard this album. Right away this became my favorite album (well, maybe next to Ride the Lightning). My friend at school gave me this CD and I love it. Here's the track list:

1. Aces High (4:31)
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (6:02)
3. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) (4:15)
4. Flash of the Blade (4:05)
5. The Duellists (6:08)
6. Back in the Village (5:23)
7. Powerslave (6:50)
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner (13:34)

I'll break it down track by track:

1. Aces high - Although I don't really like the intro that much, there is no other part of the song I dislike, it's amazing from the second riff to the end. Lyrics are about a war being fought with planes as the name suggests. One of Maiden's classic songs. 10/10

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight - I love this song, probably my 2nd favorite on the album. I can play it pretty much the whole way through on guitar and the main riff is pretty fun to play. 10/10

3. Losfer Words - Appropriately named, this is the lone instrumental on the album. It's got some cool harmonies to it and although it isn't the best, it is still a good song and fitting with the rest of the album 7/10

4. Flash of the Blade - I think the intro sounds sweet. The rest is pretty good but not my favorite. 9/10

5. The Duellists - I often skip this song, it's the only one I don't really care for on the album. 6/10

6. Back in the Village - LOVE this song! For you guitarists out there, most of it is hammering on and pulling off to or from an open string so it is fun to just turn your gain up really high and play it one handed. Kinda weird lyrics, but they sound cool with the music. 10/10

7. Powerslave - Honestly, when I first heard this song I didn't really like it. But that has changed. Now I can play most of it and often find myself self-conciously singing the chorus. The solo in the middle section may not be the hardest to play or fastest, but it is probably my favorite solo on the album as it sounds beautiful. 9/10

8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner - This has been my favorite song on the album since I first heard it. The first 5 minutes or so are sweet but then there was a like 3 minute pause in the middle with quiet bass riffs. When I first heard that I as like, umm... okay, pick it up already... But then the rest of the song is just pure epicness. I love the solo and is one of my favorite things to play. Tells a great story, nothing to dislike about it. 11/10

Amazing album, their 5th studio one. BUY IT if you don't have it already. You can not call yourself a fan of metal until you have bought this album. Nuff said.
Sponsored Links
By Zatchmo on 07-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey how do I put the album cover there instead of the "New Music Review" CD?
By Mario on 07-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Good review. You need to Press the Edit Button, and then you'll see a browse button for image on your computer. Here you can select the album graphic to use.
By Zatchmo on 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks Glad you liked it
By gameaddict on 04-07-2010, 04:03 AM
I love this album - it's my second favorite Iron Maiden album (after Number of the Beast).
By Skreamo on 04-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Up the freakin IRONS. Iron Maiden is pure win :]
Closed Review