Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS

Notices

Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Noir
chortles
Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 2x Metroid User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

My Mood: Lurking
Noir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to Noir Send a message via Skype™ to Noir
Is the DS the only console this gen with a good RPG library?

Honestly, the other main consoles barely get any good ones to me. They each have 3 good ones at the least, no more than that. The DS probably has atleast 25 good RPGs that are spat out like gold but never get sold to much.

The DS has so many RPGs that are to awesome.. Final Fantasy IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Knights In The Nightmare, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Pokemon Platinum/Pearl/Diamond, Dragon Quest IX, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Mario RPG 2 and 3, the 4 Ace Attorney games, The World Ends With You, and alot more coming out.

The other consoles really need to step it up, who agrees?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,660, Level: 100 Points: 37,660, Level: 100 Points: 37,660, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Disagree.

IMO, decent RPG's on the PS3 = Oblivion, Fallout 3, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Enchanted Arms.

And 360 = Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Fable II, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Sure, there isn't as much but eh.
And look, even the Wii has some!

Wii = Rune Factory Frontier.

What?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Wait, they never made a Super MArio RPG 2 and they certainly never made a 3. Also, Knights in the Nightmare was pretty horrible. But I do find myself going to the DS for RPGs.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Noir
chortles
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 2x Metroid User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Noir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

@Kryn: Damn, should've changed what I said to JRPGs, I kinda hate Western RPGs. And I know the Wii has some, just not many. Tales of Symphonia: DotNW and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I think thats it though. >.<
I've never heard of Sacred 2 though.

@op89x: I meant Mario & Luigi: Partners and Time and Bowser's Inside Story, they're refered to as Mario and Luigi RPG 2 and 3 sometimes.
Knights In The Nightmare was great to me, but I guess it can be to complicated for some people and the story telling is odd. The game isn't for everyone but to me it was great and extremely innovative, I like it when RPGs decide to be different.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Superness26
Dude!
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: Woot
Superness26 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: superness26
To me, RPGs have died. The classics can totally kill the new ones. EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG, just to name a few. The DS RPGs will never compare to the classics. Not even the new Pokemon games for the DS give me the same great feeling like the Gameboy and Gameboy Color. Even the Gameboy Advance ones. I barely ever play the new DS RPGs. I want to play Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story though.

Thank you Noir for the sig

Thanks for the sig SirManguyDude
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
@op89x: I meant Mario & Luigi: Partners and Time and Bowser's Inside Story, they're refered to as Mario and Luigi RPG 2 and 3 sometimes.
I've never heard of anyone reputable referring to them like that. Those games have nothing to do with Super Mario RPG, nor is the story or gameplay anything like it, so there is no reason to get those games confused with Super Mario RPG.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Noir
chortles

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superness26 View Post
To me, RPGs have died. The classics can totally kill the new ones. EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG, just to name a few. The DS RPGs will never compare to the classics. Not even the new Pokemon games for the DS give me the same great feeling like the Gameboy and Gameboy Color. Even the Gameboy Advance ones. I barely ever play the new DS RPGs. I want to play Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story though.
The classics are only classics because of nostalgia really, they aren't to great. The first FF was trash, its just about some random, nameless 4 warriors of light trying to stop some evil with no motivation at all. They don't even have personalities, RPGs have more story now than back that. I guess Chrono Trigger may be an exception, it seems different but I was never really interested in it.
Never saw the good in Earthbound though, so simple, the story never dragged me in either. I'll never see why people like the old Pokemon games so much either when the new ones add so much more. The only difference is new Pokemon that people go around crying about how they suck.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
Superness26
Dude!
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: Woot
Superness26 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: superness26
Sorry, i didn't really mean the first Final Fantasy, I meant the first ones.

Thank you Noir for the sig

Thanks for the sig SirManguyDude
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
NutMan
Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15

NutMan will become famous soon enough

Xbox Live Gamertag: NutManIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
I've never heard of anyone reputable referring to them like that. Those games have nothing to do with Super Mario RPG, nor is the story or gameplay anything like it, so there is no reason to get those games confused with Super Mario RPG.
In Japan they're called Mario & Luigi RPG.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMan View Post
In Japan they're called Mario & Luigi RPG.
That doesn't mean they're related to Super Mario RPG.

Closed Thread