Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

View Poll Results: favorite Batman film
Batman: The Movie 1 3.13%
Batman 5 15.63%
Batman Returns 3 9.38%
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm 0 0%
Batman Forever 4 12.50%
Batman and Robin 2 6.25%
Batman Begins 3 9.38%
The Dark Knight 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Favorite Batman film

the Batman films have had a large hand in creating the comic-book film genre, and a couple of them are damn good films in their own right. which one is your favorite?

Batman: The Movie (1966)
Holy camp Batman!

Batman (1989)
started the feature film franchise. the best in my opinion.

Batman Returns (1992)
a sequel. Danny DeVito as The Penguin and Michelle Pheifer as Catwoman were awesome, but ultimately the movie is only that; a sequel. best part: "... and Bruce Wayne, why are you dressed up like Batman?" oh, Chris Walken.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
yes, this one counts because it had a theatrical release. it's quite honestly one of the best the bunch.

Batman Forever (1995)
Jim Carrey was everywhere in the mid-nineties.

Batman and Robin (1997)
awful, just God awful, but i find it really funny. IT'S TIME TO CHILL OUT!!!

Batman Begins (2006)
i don't care much for this one. but i did really like how Batman looked like Batman in certain scenes. such as the way he stood, the way his cape fell, etc.

The Dark Knight (2008)
a good film, but ultimately a lot of hype. a LOT of hype.

my favorite is Batman (1989). everything about it is perfect, from the casting, to the art direction, and the unforgettable, iconic score. i hate Tim Burton but this is a wonderfully directed and great movie.

Mask of the Phantasm takes second place. the rest are all pretty average for me.

Last edited by da Beef; 08-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
da Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
My favourite is Batman Returns.

Tag by me
DarkLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Hate to say it, but Dark Knight. Casting was great, Heath Ledger finally did a role I liked (and did a great job, at that), and the only thing I didn't care for was Aaron Eckhart's performance. I usually love him (everyone go see Thank You For Smoking) but he didn't pull off Two-Face quite well enough for me.

I like my Batman gritty; it's easier to relate to the characters and see them as real people, which makes them even creepier. Batman's voice is stupid, but Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne is my favorite.

op89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
da Beef
Banned

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
Hate to say it, but Dark Knight. Casting was great, Heath Ledger finally did a role I liked (and did a great job, at that), and the only thing I didn't care for was Aaron Eckhart's performance. I usually love him (everyone go see Thank You For Smoking) but he didn't pull off Two-Face quite well enough for me.

I like my Batman gritty; it's easier to relate to the characters and see them as real people, which makes them even creepier. Batman's voice is stupid, but Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne is my favorite.

SHEEP

i said it.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,495, Level: 100 Points: 58,495, Level: 100 Points: 58,495, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Which is the one from the 80's where Jack Nicholson played the Joker? I've yet to see Dark Knight but I would think that the insane Nicholson makes the best joker!

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
da Beef
Banned

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameman View Post
Which is the one from the 80's where Jack Nicholson played the Joker? I've yet to see Dark Knight but I would think that the insane Nicholson makes the best joker!

each film has links to its imdb page where the answer to your question lies.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
SHEEP

i said it.
Only other Batman films I've seen were campy and lame, and almost ruined Batman for me.

op89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
glitchblaster555
Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12 Points: 607, Level: 12

glitchblaster555 will become famous soon enough

yeah dark knight was intense and amazing. it truly gave you a feel of DC comics, or at least it was as close as it could get compared to the other batman films. i mean, one of them included the joker sing llike a disney musical movie. like op said, movies like that which center around stuff like batman are lame

i havent finished seeing dark knight, but as far as i saw, it was great. the other movies were awful in comparison.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
I've yet to see The Dark knight but it looks like a very good film.

Tag by me
DarkLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,379, Level: 29 Points: 2,379, Level: 29 Points: 2,379, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Stylistically, Batman Returns impressed me and had its moments. In my mind, Tim Burton's vision of Batman remains unparalleled to this day. That said, I do happen to enjoy substance in my superhero movies, so I have to give the nod to Dark Knight here which boasts a mature theme focusing on some of the darker aspects of human nature. To me, Batman Returns and Dark Knight both have excellent casting, only Dark Knight has the better script.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

~Krystal~ is offline   Reply With Quote