Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Forum Games

Notices

Forum Games Here we can play those nonsensical but entertaining thread games aswell as Fiction Role Plays made by our members.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Crash
Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5

My Mood: Happy
Crash is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Crash Send a message via MSN to Crash Send a message via Yahoo to Crash
Arrow The Murderer (Please read the rules!)

Marf... I dunno if this will take off, especially since I'm such a new member here, but I had some forum games that were pretty popular on a previous forum, and this is one of them =3 I felt like giving it a shot. Read the rules before joining a game, and ask if you have questions. But above all else, enjoy the game!

--------------------

Rules for The Murderer

Joining a round:

To take part in a round of gameplay, just post saying that you want to play in the next available game. You'll be added to the next game's roster if there's room, or a future game's roster if there are already a bunch of people ahead of you in line to play. A minimum of 7 players are required, with 9 players being the maximum amount per game.

Before a game starts:

When the roster is full, I will private message one person on the list of players at random and tell them that they are the murderer. The murderer must NOT TELL ANYONE that he/she is the murderer, it's a secret!!! The chosen player must reply to my private message with their two choices of "tainted attractions" (More on this in "Playing the game"). Once I've received the message of which attractions are tainted, I will message all of the players to let them know that the game has begun. Players must visit this thread in order to play the game, since posting is required.

Remember, the murderer must keep both their choice of "tainted attractions" and the fact that they are the murderer a secret from everyone!

Playing the game:

Players (including the chosen murderer) are at a fancy house party, and must choose to interact with 3 of the 11 attractions available (12 if there are 9 players). Players may never pick the exact same selection of choices as other players. These attractions are...

Swim in the pool
Drink some punch
Have some lemonade
Use the restroom
Eat some chicken
Enjoy some beef
Dance on the dance floor
Chat with others
Relax in the guest room
Lounge by the pool
Play some games
Listen to the music (only included if there are 9 players)

Each player must choose 3 attractions per round. After everyone playing has chosen 3 attractions, I will post the current status of the game. Any players who have chosen one or both of the two tainted attractions will be removed from the game. The murderer CANNOT choose tainted attractions; He or she must always use safe attractions. After I have updated the game's status, players that are still alive must choose either 3 new attractions, or 2 new attractions and one previously chosen attraction.

Ending the game:

There are a few different ways for a game to end and to receive points, which will be displayed on the highscore board...

-One player is left alive with the murderer, which results in a murderer win
-All players are killed by the tainted attractions, another murderer win
-A player is able to determine both of the tainted attractions (The player posts their guess instead of making a regular gameplay post. If wrong, they are removed from the game. If correct, the game ends). This is a regular win
-Any player who's still alive right after the game ends guesses who the murderer was. Only the first person to post the correct answer will receive their regular win point. Only allowed if there are at least 3 regular players remaining, and the murderer is allowed to make a fake guess as well

The highscore board:

Anyone who has at least one win to their name, be it a murderer or regular win, will be listed on the highscore board. Since murderer wins are easier to earn, 2 murderer wins are equal in value to one regular win.

That's about it for the rules! They may change at any time to balance out the game, or if I just feel like something needs tweaking. I'll let you all know if there's an important change, mmkay? =3

If you have questions, ask!

--------------------

With that all said and done, here are the upcoming game player lists:

Coming up:
Required players
-Mike16r
-Mario
-YoshiDude
-
-
-
-
Extra players
-
-

Highscore board:

No one's played yet!

Last edited by Crash; 08-22-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Mike16r
Hidden
Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Spaced
Mike16r We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Okay I'll try.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
I'll bite.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Crash

Send a message via AIM to Crash Send a message via MSN to Crash Send a message via Yahoo to Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16r View Post
Okay I'll try.
Sweet, you're on the player list =3 *wags*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I'll bite.
OW!...

Oh, did you want to play? Ooooooohhhhhhh I get it... Sweet =D You're on the list too.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
YoshiDude
So, very, PARANOID!!
Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5
User owns 1x Four Sword

My Mood: Paranoid
YoshiDude is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes
I'm In.

A Blue Yoshi with a sword...
Thanks alloftheabove for the Sig Picture!
I notice more Japanese Interested People here....
Really.....
Over 200 Posts
d[-_-]b !WOOT! d[-_-]b

Last edited by YoshiDude; 08-22-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiDude View Post
I'm In.
Added ya to the player list.

I hope we get at least 4 more players, I bet more people will wanna play after they see a game or two in action =3