Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Time Splitters 2 GC
Time Splitters 2 GC
Published by YoshiDude
08-22-2009
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 93%
Time Splitters 2 GC

Time Splitters 2
P.S. Work in Progress

The Second Game of the Time Splitters Series, involving a better Mapmaker and others

A fast-paced first person shooter game made by Free Radical, having you go back in time and fighting off enemies ranging from people to robots, freaks to zombies, secret agents to evil persons.

Storyline: (9.5/10)
The aliens called Time Splitters are trying to kill off Mankind by using the past. And they use these interesting crystals, diamonds, whatever. called Time Crystals to go through time and they take them and hide them in the past and future. You and a Partner are trying to get them and prevent the Time Splitters from using them. You start in Siberia and end in, well, where the Time Portal is. And you get a choice of guns, ranging from a Silenced Pistol to a Plasma Rifle.

One prob with the Storyline is that it may be too short. but yet interesting.
It even has mini games that look like N64 game cartriges when you find them, and have atari like graphics that you can play during mission. Wow. Stay on task man!

Gameplay/Controls: (8.5/10)
Controls
The controls I find easy to get used to. but it is hard to aim, even with quick reflexes. but the game has the guns recoil and start going up, making it a little more realistic. but its the average. R to shoot, L free aim.

Gamplay
The game includes many characters to chose from and including bots and 4 human players, you can have over 10 players! O_o

It gives you choices if you want to do a Deathmatch or maybe a team one, what about Capture the bag, like capture the flag, but with a bag. Or a 2 player Co-op, you choose. And of course theres more you can unlock, like flame tag.

Graphics: (9.0/10)
The graphics are nice but very blocky, but that shouldn't matter, as that isn't what the game depends on.

Sound: (9.5/10)
Sound fits with everything, in Arcade mode, with deathmatch and stuff, you can set the music. When you shoot someone, it has the right sound. But the quality? Nah. It's just some kind of glitches that cause a mess up.

Overall: (9/10)
Great game, can be compared to the 007 game Golden Eye and a few others, but it is great. and you chane you kind of person when you go through time. And don't forget, there is a mapmaker that creates your own story modes and deathmatches, capture the bag areas, whatever!

Good game I've got to admit.

This is also made for PS2. and there is a Third one and a Fourth one.

Sorry I couldn't get any photos. I just can't.

P.S. Work in Progress
Published by
So, very, PARANOID!!
YoshiDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Sponsored Links
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 08-23-2009, 01:36 AM
if you are using a pc, you should add pics and videos. It makes it more presentable.

some other things you might want to add in reviews is, make it more into paragraphs over short jot notes or sentences. Try to provide other sections like tips, opinions release date etc. all of this will make your reviews more enjoyable to read, I was critisized for this also and I took advice and check out my reviews now (Cruis'n USA, Sanfrancisco Rush.)

Hope it helps, good start.
By DarkLegacy on 08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
This is a good game which has been acommpanied with a very basic review.
By CarboKill on 08-26-2009, 03:49 PM
This review wasn't very good.
By Rin on 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM
^ It's not done yet I don't think. It says in red at the top AND bottom "Work in Progress"
By CarboKill on 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
^ It's not done yet I don't think. It says in red at the top AND bottom "Work in Progress"
Yes. That it does. But would you WANT to read more?
By Rin on 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Sure. Why not. I know it's not done, and if it's refined, then it'll be a lot better.
By CarboKill on 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
Sure. Why not. I know it's not done, and if it's refined, then it'll be a lot better.
If it's going to be refined, then scrap what I said.
By Konata on 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Looks like this isn't going to be refined at all. Shame, TS:FP was good. Would have wanted to read something decent about TS2.
By YoshiDude on 09-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 93%
Whoops, bypassed my mind. I try to remember. Sorry.
Comment

Tags
gamecube, time splitters, time splitters 2