Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #1
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
NFL 09-10 Discussion Thread

Discuss Everything in regards to this current NFL 2009/2010 Season.
From the NFL Draft to Preseason Picks, to Deadline Trades, League News,
Team Depth Charts, Roster Adjustments, Fantasy League, Madden 10,
Arrests, Records, Playoff Predictions and to ultimately
who will win
Super Bowl XLIV.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It may be Preseason,
but Marvman has an idea of what the season will be like.....

The Vikings WILL improve with Favre at the helm.
No Super Bowl.

The Cardinals MIGHT lose Kurt Warner to injury;
Matt Leinart will start but fail; and Warner will retire.
No Playoffs.

Falcons WILL go to the Playoffs again for the second straight year.
Catapulting Matt Ryan to superstar status in just 2 years of play.

Texans MIGHT break out,
50/50.

Bears WILL see improvement this year,
but MIGHT not be enough to go to the playoffs.
Cutler needs Hester to "catch" the ball,
and be a better route runner.

The Steelers WILL make the playoffs,
they have the recipe to repeat for the Super Bowl,
but will Hines Ward drop?

Jets.....
No playoffs.

Saints? Marv's Super Bowl pick.
Brees and co have a solid chance this year.
IF the defense continues to improve.

Bucs......
No Playoffs.

Raiders.....
#1 Draft Pick

Lions.....
#2 Draft Pick

Packers WILL make a playoff run,
they are no doubt pissed off with Favre being a division opponent.
When 2 forces meet, something has to give.....

Panthers?
Dark Horse.....again....
Jake Delhomme and Smash and Dash = good.

Jaguars are a sleeper...
Tory Holt and Troy Williamson WILL be gold.

Titans?
Playoffs.
Chris Johnson WILL have a monster year.

Rams?
#3 Draft Pick.
WTF happened to the Greatest Show on Earth??

Browns?
Who in the F**K will start at QB first???
Then will go from there.

Pats?
Playoffs and Superbowl.
WILL probably win it all.

Ravens?
50/50 Playoffs

Colts?
No playoffs.

Marvman is running out of time,
will modify this later.

Rockn.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

I think you're severely underestimating the Raiders. I think they're a dark horse team in the sense that they have the ability to go 8-8. I don't think they'll be the worst team in the league. I think that honor will belong to someone we don't expect.

As for everything else, it's not too far off from what I believe. I do think that the Pats have the best shot to go to the Super Bowl from the AFC. As for the NFC...toss a coin, and pick someone.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,380, Level: 29 Points: 2,380, Level: 29 Points: 2,380, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
AFC Pick - Colts
NFC Pick - Vikings

Super Bowl Pick - Colts

I'm calling it now. Brett Favre MVP, Pro Bowl MVP, and 3x NFC offensive player of the month. If you disagree, then you just don't know a whole lot about football. Lol j/k.

Quote:
Rams?
#3 Draft Pick.
WTF happened to the Greatest Show on Earth??
Marshall went over the hill. That's what happened to the Greatest Show on TURF.

My name is ~Krystal~ and I approve this message.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I'm still a little bit iffy on the Colts. Their O-line has shown to be suspect every now and then, Manning lost one of his best weapons, though Wayne and Gonzalez are stepping up nicely, and that defense is a toss-up every year it seems. Plus, they got to go through the revamped Pats, the Steelers and maybe as a surprise the Jags. They're going to get beat up a lot due to that small front line.

I don't know, I just see too many holes in that team. The case can be made for them, sure, but it can be made against them too. Plus, I'm not betting against the defending SB champions.

I never did my picks, So I should do that now.

AFC: Pats
NFC: Eagles

Super Bowl: Eagles win, 27-24

Edit: Yes, I didn't pick the Steelers this year. One reason why? Tom Brady is here this year. Plus, he's got weapons, and a solid defense.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
I'm still a little bit iffy on the Colts. Their O-line has shown to be suspect every now and then
Their O-line last year started rookies because a couple of key players were out with injuries. It's why the Colts had no running game to speak of last year. This year should be different. Especially with Donald Brown splitting carries with Addai, both of whom should be running behind the actual starters on O-line.
Quote:
Manning lost one of his best weapons though Wayne and Gonzalez are stepping up nicely
Harrison is more of a liability than an asset at this stage of his career. He's not the same player he was a few years ago, so no loss there. You're also forgetting Dallas Clark who's proven to be a real pain in the ass. Austin Collie is looking mighty good and will probably take the slot receiver position left vacant by Gonzalez. Pierre Garcon? Who knows. The guy just might surprise at some point in the season.
Quote:
Plus, they got to go through the revamped Pats, the Steelers and maybe as a surprise the Jags. They're going to get beat up a lot due to that small front line.
Pats D is getting old and their running game is still a big question mark. I'm not sure a 33 year old Fred Taylor is going to help them much there and how will Brady do coming off major knee surgery this year? Looks ok so far in preseason, but then again, it's just preseason. I'd also like to add that the Colts will be playing the Patriots at home.

Quote:
I don't know, I just see too many holes in that team.
The Colts don't look spectacular in any one area save the quarterback position (for obvious reasons), but they are solid across the board and I believe if healthy, not a team can beat them this season.

Quote:
Plus, I'm not betting against the defending SB champions.
Ok, Peyton was coming off 2 knee surgeries last season, Sanders missed 10 games, Jeff Saturday was plagued by injuries, Marlin Jackson got injured last year, Ryan Lilja missed all of 2008 due to knee surgery, Gary Brackett was hurt and sidelined near the end of the season (around 4 games), and the Colts STILL beat the Steelers last year and went 12-4. Their starters are healthy and returning, they have depth at every position, their special teams figures to improve this year, and they still have Moore and Mudd. Definitely not the doomsday scenario some Colts detractors are painting.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

You act like I was saying they had no shot at all, which I did not. Most of what you just stated is what I pretty much knew anyways. I haven't detracted anything, I'm saying they're not as good as you think they are, which is my opinion, and i'm entitled to it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
You act like I was saying they had no shot at all, which I did not.
Nope. I just went down your points one by one. I know you said a case could be made for them. I was just going by your points against them.

Quote:
Most of what you just stated is what I pretty much knew anyways. I haven't detracted anything
I didn't say you were one of the Colts detractors I mentioned above, but would you not agree they are definitely out there this year? Most of them, if not all, give them no chance.

Quote:
I'm saying they're not as good as you think they are, which is my opinion, and i'm entitled to it.
I'm saying they are as good as I think they are, which is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

P.S. I'm a Cowboys fan. Just calling it like I see it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
Sparticus
Thread \er
Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73 Points: 12,593, Level: 73
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Rupee Bag

My Mood: Twisted
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month Signature of the Month News Reporter 

Favre is so washed up its not even funny. Im willing to bet the vikqueens don't even make the playoffs. I have a feeling at least with the central division. It will come down to packers bears.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Well, the Packers defense can't be much worse than it was last year, so I'd say they'll be better, especially with Aaron Rogers looking as sharp as he has so far. As for the bears, it's all going to depend on Jay Cutler.

Either way, the Vikings aren't out of the race at all. It's going to be a sprint IMO.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

where's my post

football = gay
Closed Thread