Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,061, Level: 100 Points: 38,061, Level: 100 Points: 38,061, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Top 5 games to own on DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Gaming Giant
Advance Wars Dark Conflict

Before I say anything about this game let me say that Advance Wars Dual strike is easily as brilliant as Dark Conflict, however being the most modern game in the series I chose it instead. If Mario Karts the king of racing then this has to be the king of Turn based games, period. Youíll spend hours and hours on this game, itís one of those games that if it became stuck in your DS you wouldnít be too bothered. The story mode will take quite a while to complete, and becomes very hard near the end, youíve been warned! However it really shines when you and a couple of mates go head to head and each try to outdo your opponents using clever strategies to manoeuvre your units around the battlefield and destroy thereís. Sounds simple? Youíd be surprised how in depth the game gets once you get serious. Advance Wars is a brilliant series and fits perfectly on the DS, you wonít be wasting your money on this one, thatís for sure.

Mario Kart DS

The king of multiplayer games has its very own DS outing and boy does it shine. Let me start by saying that Iíve had too many multiplayer matches on this to keep count. The game obviously has been scaled down for the DS but it arguable makes it one of the best Mario Karts in the series, everything just feels perfectly balanced. You get your usual selection of Nintendo characters and a wide array of karts to choose from, each one affecting your game accordingly, heavy karts being the fastest but poor on steering and vice versa for light karts. The items in the game are well balanced and you donít get hit nearly as much by blue shells in this instalment, unlike the Wii version. Itís clearly the definitive racer on the DS, and nothing has come, or probably wonít come close to topping it. You need this game.

New Super Mario Bros

Well it had a lot to prove being the new Mario Bros for a long long time. Nintendo pulled it off though, and what you have here is a great platforming experience. A total of 80 levels are available over eight worlds; with the levels being shown in the DSís bottom touchscreen while viewing the world map. Itís has the usual Nintendo charm to it, and the presentation is fantastic being crisp and clear. It wonít take too long for Mario Vets to plough through the game, but itís a great experience while it lasts, and with 3 golden coins hidden on each level itíll take a while to find them all. Mario fans will already have this game, but for people out there who need a great, solid, platformer on the DS, look no further.

Chrono Trigger DS

Well this game needs no introduction, considered to be not only one of the finest RPGís of all time, but also one of the finest games ever, and now you can play it on your DS, whatís not to like? Chrono Trigger features standard console role-playing game (RPG) gameplay with several innovations. The player controls the protagonist and his companions in the gameís two-dimensional fictional world, consisting of various forests, cities, and dungeons. Navigation occurs via an over world map, depicting the landscape from a scaled down overhead view. Everything about the game reeks of brilliance and with an extra dungeon and gallery mode ported from the PS1 version of the game, including an all new dungeon made specifically for DS, this game really deserves your time, and I mean really.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

If you have ever played a Castlevania game youíll know that apart from the 3D games in the series, the 2D instalments are really quite good. Dawn of Sorrow is no exception; the game does what the Castlevania series does best. The game takes place in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series, where the vampire hunters of the Belmont clan wage an endless conflict against the immortal vampire Dracula. Dawn of Sorrow continues the storyline found in Aria of Sorrow, in which Dracula has been completely defeated, and his powers assumed by his reincarnation, Soma Cruz. There are weapons of all nature in this game, and combining souls with the Soul Steal ability just adds more to the chaos. The exploration is top notch, and the bosses are epic, simply put, if you have a DS you need this game.
What would your Top 5 be?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Pretty much all of that, except take out MKDS and add in TWEWY. For me anyways.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Mario789
Paper Mario Guru
Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel
User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Mario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 3

There is no Mario & Luigi Partner's in time? I would add that on my list of top 5 games as well as New Super Mario Bros. DS & Mario Kart DS & Mario Party DS (As you can see i love mario games) I like your list as well also very good games!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I didn't find any of the Mario RPG's on the DS much fun honestly, so I'd never add those on my list. Of course, I know you're not talking to me, but i still felt compelled to say that anyways.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Mario789
Paper Mario Guru
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

Mario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I see. Well that was MY list you know lolz. You dont have to like it thats just what i would choose. Honestly a RPG is a RPG there is no liking or disliking for me lolz
Old 08-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

^ I know that. I said that in the last post. I like RPG games, I just didn't like those in particular.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Mario789
Paper Mario Guru

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Ohhh i see.... What mario RPG's do you like for the DS?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

I don't like the ones on the DS, but SMRPG was the only Mario RPG game I ever liked, and I loved it
Old 08-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
YoshiDude
So, very, PARANOID!!
Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5
User owns 1x Four Sword

My Mood: Paranoid
YoshiDude is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes
All of the top five, Except the last two, I would add the Mario RPG (Partners in time) Game to the list in place of them.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Konata, your taste is pretty good.

Closed Thread