Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Sos
Sos
Stick Around and read about the rarest snes Game
Published by Cam3ron36@NFF
09-03-2009
Author review
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 91%
Sos

S.O.S.
Review By Cam3ron36

Developer: Human Entertainment

Produced by: Vic Tokai

Platform:Super Nintendo

Genre: Adventure Escape

Players: One Player

The Story: Now, as said before this is a rare game, I own it, I discovered it was a rare game at the pawn shop where it was being sold for 250 bucks.
The Game was designed and inspired by the movie we know; "The Poseidon Adventure" Don't Get confused though, It is NOT the Poseidon adventure... You Take Control of one of four characters on the ship "Lady Crinthia".
The Characters are as follows:

Capris Wisher: Capris Wisher is on Board with his 'ill' sister, He is an archatect and his little sister being ill worrys him...

Redwin Gardener: Redwin Gardener is a counselor on board with his wife and two kids Stella & Harry, His Nephew is also on board...

Jefrey Howell: Jefry Howell is a senior citizen on board with his wife, he is a retired doctor...

Luke Haines: The last character is of course the crewman, he is the second in command of the ship. Luke is troubled by the owner of the ship, who does not want anyone evacuated as the owner believes it won't sink.

Now on that last note, The story at the title screen is as follows

On September 13th 1931 the Lady Crinthia set sail, It was reported of large waves and a deadly storm that eventually flipped the ship...

That was off memory, It goes something like that... In any case all characters in the game start in different areas and can save up to seven people, if you save the wrong people two crewman take the survivors away from you at the ened, me and my bro discovered a glitch around this.
The glitch if you really care is once you are satisfied with the amount of people you have you go two rooms away without calling them then kill yourself, killing yourself only takes off five minutes, we'll discuss this later...
Doing this will make all the people respawn in the boiler room.

Gameplay:

To begin with you get a little starting story that lasts about 2 minutes, like I said all the characters have different stories, see the first video above for luke is. That is my best character if you care.

After the story, you see a picture of the ship flipping and you get to walk around, you can do a lot of neccesary things like grap ledges jump, Grab someones hand if they are falling, etc. etc.
After the ship flips you get a 60 minute timer, you only see the timer if you die in which you lose five minutes. It is quite annoying at first to figure out the exits, it is a very big ship that's like an intricate maze, but in the end all the exit routes lead to the boiler room.

^^^Wait, notice the people flashing, he must've died two rooms away, that is a sign of the glitch, they just showed up in the boiler room.

The dangers you can come across for 'Dieing' is things like falling chairs and dishes, fire or water comes of course the longer you are in the ship.
If you die like said in the glitch above, the people that are with you dissapear if your rooms away which probably won't happen because they go wherever you press 'R' or 'L' which is VERY handy, my only beef with this is the people are stupid, and often when jumping in an important place like the boiler room they will fall so you need to have the r/l command so you can catch them.

To save people, you usually find people who are standing... basically people who are on the ground have perished, most people will go with whoever but some only go with certain people, in total, I think there is 30 savable people and about 20 per person... don't get your hopes up, good luck saving 5 people, my personal record is six people... I would've had nine but three people died on the last jump of the game, I wasn't fast enough to grab them all...

The ship in the game usually turns around on a small angle, but, at 35 minutes left the ship breaks in half, water rises faster and the ship turns on whatever angle it chooses. when the times up you sometimes get a failure story but the ship fills completely and you get to swim for 30 seconds before you are dead.

There is many different endings in the game depending on who you are, how many people you save and if the ship broke already or not, usually the endings are not happy endings, although the one ending that ticked me off was the one where the owner of the ship shoots luke if he doesn't save more than four people.

The overall control & gameplay is brilliant and there is enough stories that won't fail to dissapoint

Please enjoy the review, If you'd like to try the game contact me and I'll give you a link to where you can try it

ENJOY!
Sponsored Links
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 91%
Bump!

Please comment if you feel the need.
By SegaSlayer33 on 09-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Hmm. It's quite good, there are some things that can be improved, but not bad at all.
By Rin on 09-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Interesting review. Not too bad actually.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 91%
Like what? Suggestions are welcome.
By SegaSlayer33 on 09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Possibly try to center it, clean the font up a bit. Here's an example:

Luke Haines: The last character is of course the crewman, he is the second in command of the ship, he is troubled by the owner of the ship who does not want anyone evacuated as he believes it won't sink.

By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 91%
alright, I'll make some edits sunday or monday when I get back from calgary.
I'm on the wii-net right now so I can't edit well.
By Rin on 09-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Ah. Well either way, it's still nice :3
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%