Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,478, Level: 100 Points: 37,478, Level: 100 Points: 37,478, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Things Nintendo Should Do Soon But..

..Won't because they don't need too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumePlay
Everyone knows that Nintendo is winning this competition (in shear numbers) but those seem to be dropping off in the last couple of months. Iím here to propose a list of things they should do that would help build their numbers up and start appealing to the hardcore crowd again. Now before you start to bombard me with hateful comments, all this article is is a wish list of things that I (myself, me, not the other staff members) would want to see Nintendo do so I have a reason to turn it on again, but I also understand that Nintendo cannot find the computer that they once used to develop hardcore games on because itís blocked by the wall of money in their offices.

Wii HD

This is one of the updates that seems more likely to be something Nintendo is working on, because believe it or not, itís becoming a standard in gaming. Analysts might claim that Nintendo doesnít need to do this but they already have some games that I would love to see in HD including Mario Galaxy, Muramasa, and the Metroid series. Devs could do a lot more in the visuals department if they would just update their Gamecube to allow thisÖ and no that is not a typo.

Virtual Console on DS

How awesome would it be to take those Virtual Console games that you arenít playing on the Wii and be able to take them with you anywhere you go. They could even bring the store to the DS so you could surf and buy straight from the handheld. This just seems like an easy thing they could get working fairly quickly and would be nothing but extra money for them to do nothing with.

Re-tread Old IPís Not Yet Exploited

How awesome would it be to turn the WiiMote sideways and control Star Fox with it; I would even let Nintendo get away with updating Star Fox 64 for like $30 and releasing it. F-Zero is another IP that surprises me that they havenít even announced anything with. Kid Icarus is always rumored to be remade but do we really want another Kid Icarus game? I wasnít a big fan of the NES version, and Iím not sure how they could update it with 3-D graphics, but I doubt we will be seeing it anytime soon anyway. There are other IPs they could use, but those seem to be the norms that havenít been used yet.

Improve Online Issues

Raise your hand if you have had a successful day playing on your Wii onlineÖ nobody!!! Thatís what I thought. I like to think that I have a pretty good connection because I can play 360 or PS3 all night and have minimal problems. Trying to game online on the Wii is as bad as watching video on a dial-up connection. The lags gets to a point of frustration where the only thing you can do is turn it off. If they would just put some more servers towards it, or speed up the whole system, it would make it as least playable.

Bundles With Hardware and Software

Letís make a awesome package right now that would surely entice many gamers. Included in the box would be the Wii console along with Super Mario Galaxy (or insert any game here) along with WiiMote, Nunchuk, and WiiMotionPlus, and also include Wii Sports Resort and a $20 points card that would get gamers to surf around on their online store. Now I understand the Wii has always been included in a bundle, but make this bundle Iíve created for $250 would most definitely hold out in sales.

Lower The Freaking Price Already

I donít think I really need to explain myself on this one but lower the price means Iím sure they will sell more. Enough said.

Get Rid Of WiiSpeak and Allow Headsets

This contraption was doomed the moment they announced it. Iím not saying it doesnít work because I personally have never used one, but it canít be as great as using a headset; probably even compared to the crap headset the 360 is bundled with. Only certain games even use this method and my guess is because developers know how dumb the method is, and realize that nobody will ever use it. I know Nintendo wants to protect little kids from internet rapers and racist teenagers- but they do allow the DS to use a headsetÖ so why not the Wii.

Have a Standardized Friends List

The Wii is a very solitary platform where you never really know when your friends are using it. When I get on the 360 or PS3, you have a friends list that you know exactly what they are doing and they see that you are online. The Wii needs a system like this to help bring the community closer together. A channel would work with a list of friends with maybe a pic of their miis face or something along those lines. They could even one up Microsoft and Sony and allow for more than 100 friends, but I bet if they let you do this they would make the cap much less than that.

Achievements/Trophies/Stars/Points/Something

Before gamers get mad at me for including this on the list, just remember that there are a lot of gamers out there that do enjoy earning trophies and achievements and making their scores larger. I personally know gamers that go out of their way to play crappy games just to get achievements out of them (Iím guilty of this as well), and could help out the sales of a lot of Wii games if they made some system like this.

This again is just a wish list of mine that would help me use my Wii more. If you have any suggestions or comments about my choices, make sure you burn up our comment system and give us your thoughts.
Thoughts?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I read the first paragraph and it sounds like another article written by someone who doesn't know what hardcore gaming is. In other words, I'm not interested in reading this person's opinions.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
^ I don't think this reprehends to hardcore gaming, just improvements?

Hmm

I wouldn't mind seeing some of that, but I wouldn't count on it either, nor do I care.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜRinÜ View Post
^ I don't think this reprehends to hardcore gaming, just improvements?
I couldn't tell you. I didn't bother reading the article because the first post alone told me the person knows nothing about the industry.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

Ah. Well from what I was reading, it was mostly stuff they could do to make it better.

IE, make it a 360 or a PS3. So you have good reason to think that IMO.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
I couldn't tell you. I didn't bother reading the article because the first post alone told me the person knows nothing about the industry.

i stopped reading after i read "shear numbers"

Nintendo has the most of them
Old 09-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rin
Blade of Justice

Awards Showcase

I admit it. I lol'd pretty good at that. I can't believe I read it.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
Superness26
Dude!
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: Woot
Superness26 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: superness26
I agree with everything there...

Thank you Noir for the sig

Thanks for the sig SirManguyDude
Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Rin
Blade of Justice

Awards Showcase

You would. All it's explaining is how to make it more like a 360/PS3. Lol
Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,228, Level: 93 Points: 23,228, Level: 93 Points: 23,228, Level: 93
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Some good points, but none are all too necessary.