Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues
Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues
Cam3ron36
Published by Cam3ron36@NFF
09-22-2009
Author review
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
75%75%75%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 80%
Post Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues

Jurassic Park II: The chaos continues
A review by Cam3ron36

Developer: Ocean
Producer: Ocean
Platform: Super Nintendo
Players: 1 or 2 Simultaneously

Now, It's time to talk Jurassic Park II on the Snes, The unknown sequel!

Initial thoughts: while the game is great, it does have an extreme difficulty a first, it has 6 separate campaigns, and one secret campaign, Initial thoughts; sweet.

The story: Jurassic park 2 was released as a sequel to the original, you know that 3d platformer that was difficult and not very popular, yeah I swear I saw 40 copies of those in a snes bin at the pawn shop.
People did not respond well to the original, Ocean had officially made a bad game. Ocean had pretty much ran the jurassic park campaign on most consoles and they made some pretty great games asides from the famous jurassic park series, and, who could blame them for wanting to make games off a popular movie series.
Now this is different, back then, games off of movies worked well. Nowadays, They just can't cut it, but, back to topic here, Ocean decided to give it another go on the snes, so they released "Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues." Probably due to prior failure with Jurassic Park 1, this game did not sell well, and who could blame people, another fatal mistake they made, they made about four different box covers for the original and guess what? Jurassic park 2 has the same box art, only with the little "The Chaos Continues" thing sitting there, but who's going to see that from first glance?
People made a bad decision unfortunately... So now, this is a rare game, and guess who owns it?? That's right, Me, let's get to the game now.

The initial opening of the game is short and sweet, it actually has voice acting, but it's corny and just plain: Some Guy wants to take over ingen, so he talks about it, then you see troops flying to the island, Dr. Grant now has a new mission, accompanied by a new character: Michael Wolfskin for 2-player mode.

It looks like some short Anime Film, only more corny.

You are given the options of one or two players, you are also given the options to change the difficulty, controls & audio.
When you initially begin, you are shown a device that allows you to pick your mission, and gives you a briefing before you begin. Like said earlier, you are given six mission options, and seven when you beat the six.
In all seven missions, you are given the choice of eight guns, you cycle through the humane guns with "R" and the non-humane guns with "L" the dinosaurs can be killed/sedated with either, humans can only be killed with non-humane guns. All guns have different abilities and one on each side has infinite ammo, some, like rocket launchers, have little ammo, you can get ammo and health when you find it, which is rarely.

Raptor attack: You initially start out in the forest, you fight some raptors and some mini dinosaurs that can only be shot in the ducking position. You then travel into a bunker where you must deploy poison gas and escape the building within a time limit, you then get a different mission(to be blunt, I've never made it there, but a lot of missions are the same, fight dinosaurs )

T-Rex Carnage: one of the best missions, you travel through the forest leading up to a T-rex that was freed by the troops. You appear in a forest area later where a T-rex is roaring at the left of the screen, you have to jump on a car and shoot the dinosaur back until the cliff where the mission ends.

Blockade: You have to face the troops in this mission, In an attempt to free data from a building taken over by the Biosyn troops.

High Ptera: Oh boy, this is the hardest mission, you go through a tiny forested area that leads to a cliff area full of Pterodactyls, It's dang hard...

Search and Destroy: You have to Travel into a volcano and infiltrate a dinosaur nest, it includes fighting a giant tree-horn. This one, is probably one of my favourites.

Protect the Gallimimus: You have to protect the good dinosaurs from the Biosyn troops throughout a desert, you have to fight helicopters in the end.

T-rex scuffle: you have to fight the T-rex you left behind at that cliff on foot for the final battle(I have not made it here.)

I can only describe the missions I've been to, I know one campaign, actually had a bonus mission, but I'm not sure which one... but otherwise, I've heard there is only one per each, They're hard enough anyways but the game play is really similar to that of contra. Might interest you contra fans.

You've really got to learn to dodge the raptors well or you will not make it far, luckily you learn quick and it becomes quite entertaining, if you happen to get more than one raptor on your tail, it is virtually impossible, so you do not want to rush.
The rpators come in three different colors; green, brown & grey, Greens are the easiest to kill and greys are the hardest(meaning they take more hits.)
The other enemies are the troops which come with more difficulty, you have your average troop that dies with one hit, guys who fire flamethrowers & guys who fire rockets. They are mostly based off of the blockade level which is quite intricate and takes some thinking to kill each troop.

^^^The graphics, as seen above, are pretty good for the snes^^^

Again for our final segment, the sound. Ocean inspired pretty good sound for the game and it doesn't fail to suit the mood

Examples:

Decent music.

Overall, I've always enjoyed this game and it really is like a contra clone, Me and my brother always used to rent it and to own it now is such a treat
It's definitely worth trying if you want, and if you happen to see it, Buy it!

Thanks for reading, Comments and suggestions? post below
Published by
NHL Fanatic
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of
Sponsored Links
By Rin on 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
One of the pictures doesn't work, but otherwise, not a bad review. Proofread it though, there are some grammatical errors. Nothing major though.
By op89x on 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
All pictures work for me, Rin.
By Rin on 09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
It works now. It wasn't loading earlier, but I guess it fixed itself.
By SegaSlayer33 on 09-22-2009, 11:05 PM
slight grammar errors. And you described more than you analyzed. I'll let everyone else tell you all the good points .
By Rin on 09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
You evil cynic you.

I don't think it's too analyzed, but it is kind of dragging.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
75%75%75%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 80%
There wasn't anything more to say... I anylized it fully, it took me an hour and a half to write and frankly, I just got bored of it, but I kept going this time unlike DKC, I may sound dis-interested near the end though.

I used a spell checker this time, My only grammar issues is when to use ";" opposed to ":"
By Rin on 09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
And some capitalization problems with proper nouns. Those don't really register. They're not a big deal though.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 09-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
75%75%75%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 80%
how is it, compared to uhh city connection?

Edit: put the wrong video at the start, fixed.
By SegaSlayer33 on 09-23-2009, 12:03 AM
it did drag at the end tbh. There's a difference between describing and showing abstract thinking about something.
Comment