Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Your Current Thoughts On Obama/Administration?

It's been little over 6 months since he's been in office, so some of you probably have realized that he's not actually going to do the things he said he was going to when he was running for president.

Simply put, I'm starting to get the feeling he's just the next president. I mean, when he walked into the White House he was like some juggernaut, but now I see him as just a new guy doing the same old things.

The recent outlashes at Fox News (especially Beck) were pretty funny. It was a bold move, but honestly, in terms of one of the writers, they needed a "reality check". Doubt it will change anything, but at least it's good to see them taking a proactive approach to criticism, and not using basic formed generalities filled with political correctness. If there's anything I dislike about politics, it's political correctness. People need to learn to not be so serious, but w/e, America did it to themselves by not telling these fools to STFU when they got mad.

Final verdict: While I still like him, he isn't the so called "Gift from God" people made him out to be (not like I thought he was).

Lukario
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Well in the 6 months he has been in office, so far, I agree with you, for the most part. Not with Fox news though... They would do anything to bring a democratic president down.

He still has 3 and a half years, so I will wait until then to make my final judgement.

inb4sean
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 10-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,380, Level: 29 Points: 2,380, Level: 29 Points: 2,380, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
I was NOT expecting Obama to be this stellar once-in a-generation leader. I knew that going into the November election and I voted for him primarily because some of his stances resembled Hillary's and to me, he was the next best thing. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's done as well as he has with the recession. I voted for Obama because I knew he would make some sort of effort to steer away from pointless politics and make a push to get things done. So far, he's doing ok. A lot of people are crying about losing the Olympic bid, but those people need to get over it and grow up. That should be the last thing on anyone's mind right now. Seriously.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #4
lostleader
無くなったりだ
Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet

My Mood: Spaced
lostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Princess Award 
Total Awards: 2

PSN ID: LOSTLEAD8R Xbox Live Gamertag: lostleader8
Least he isnt has bad as Hover.

I think he is helping redefine what a president is image wise, but as for actaully getting things done? nope. He's not doing much. But its only been 6 months. And seriously why do people think he is going to change everything? He has to deal with a lot of bull that other prez. handed him.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Well in the 6 months he has been in office, so far, I agree with you, for the most part. Not with Fox news though... They would do anything to bring a democratic president down.

He still has 3 and a half years, so I will wait until then to make my final judgement.

inb4sean
Fox News goes against the democrats just as bad as all the other news corporations go against the Republicans. Unbiased journalism is a myth.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
Fox News goes against the democrats just as bad as all the other news corporations go against the Republicans. Unbiased journalism is a myth.
Yup. Exactly. That is why I don't watch the news...

I really think that news corporations should really just stop attacking certain groups of people because they aren't in the same party... And once one is the president, they need to give it up... Bashing does not help anything...
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

he's just another guy in the suit. its all a big show, doesnt matter who we voted for
Old 10-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
Zakku
yeah
Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9 Points: 461, Level: 9

My Mood: Spaced
Zakku has a spectacular aura aboutZakku has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
he's just another guy in the suit. its all a big show, doesnt matter who we voted for
Can't help but agree with Beefy here. He may have had good intentions going into politics, but he will become corrupt eventually, if not already.

The goal isn't to achieve immortality, it is to create entities that humanity recreate as a mantra in your name for eternity.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
Stealth
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo DS

My Mood: Breezy
Stealth will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Stealth Send a message via AIM to Stealth Send a message via MSN to Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to Stealth
I think he's doing rather well. I'm glad i voted for him last November. I would like him to be more strict on the banking sector so that they wouldnt be getting those massive bonuses anymore.. seriously who the **** needs 700,000 as a bonus?
Closed Thread