Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii

Notices

Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii section. Post anything Nintendo Wii related here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #1
gamezilla36
Goomba
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1

gamezilla36 is an unknown quantity at this point

PSN ID: gamezilla36
Exclamation Consoles In General. (Speaking My Mind)

I have recently been reading different threads by my friends that I do in fact know in real life, Aota and Xenon. I have joined the forums to talk about one issue I may see as harmful to the future of different peoples perspectives on video games in general.

I do not intend to start a war, and am just here to talk about my opinion.

First of all, I have personally owned a 360, and have also played many different high ranking games on the Wii. My 360 failed considerably long ago due to RROD. (Red Ring Of Death for those who may not know, just search if you want info ). I myself decided to see which console I should buy after this happened, and naturally looked to the Wii, as I was a Nintendo Fan at the time.

I was rather disappointed with what I found with the Wii. I knew that it was a high selling platform, with many reasonably-fun games I myself I have played, but found that I was truly not immersed as I was in the gameplay of 360 then the Wii. I found myself leaning towards the PS3, to try something new, Even though I knew my friends already had the Wii System. Fortunately, I was amazed by what I found on buying the PS3, and found it was much easier to use then the 360 and the Wii console. I also found myself more engrossed in the gameplay of the PS3, even though I really do love the Wii. Its just what happens when you play Killzone 2.

Quote:
As a huge fan of the Wii, I’m really sick of being told that the console isn’t powerful enough for certain genres of videogaming. In particular, Xbox and PS3 fan-boys like to stick the boot in about not having a killer FPS on the system. This is pretty ironic, since they may have some good FPS titles, but a lot of their control systems (namely, dual analogue sticks) really do suck. Nothing on those consoles has even come close to emulating the accuracy of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. - AlloftheAbove

This quote specifically is the most ignorant one I myself have seen in a long time on a forum. The Wii is a great system, and I have no regrets in saying that. A small majority of people that play on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 may say that the Wii is lacking a great FPS genre game, but this reason is not why I bought a PS3. The Xbox 360 and PS3 have plenty of different Genre Games that are comparable to FPS titles.

Saying that the Accuracy of a Wii controller is comparable to an FPS game on a different system however, is insane. It makes me sick to see something unfairly judged.

Quote:
Just a few thoughts..
I think that its actually hardly to aim using the Wii remote, especially if you've got a wobbly arm/hand. I also think this game is highly overrated by people giving it 90%+.

Sure, it's probably the best online FPS on the Wii, but you can't rate a game based on just the surrounded FPS's on Wii, you have to compare it to other games, and how good they are. And there are A LOT better FPS's than The Conduit. Examples?

Metroid Prime.
Half-Life 2
Bioshock
Call Of Duty 4
Team Fortress 2
Timesplitters
Killzone 2
Portal
Left 4 Dead
F.E.A.R
Doom 3
Resistance 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Far Cry 2
Metroid Prime: Hunters

There's loads more, but I'll save 'em for later. Good Review though.
The only thing I am asking for people to do is have an Open mind towards every different console.
And to judge fairly.
I know personally that the Wii and the 360 are very fun systems, But I have found myself having more fun than I have in a long time.
What I want to show is peace for all of the different types of games. After all, we all are Gamerz. (The Z makes it cool.)

Last edited by gamezilla36; 10-06-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 39

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
...Who are you?

EDIT: Anyway, that section of my Conduit review was just my way of connecting with the reader. I know that a lot of Wii owners are sick of Xbox 360 and PS3 fanboys always look down on the Wii when it comes to FPS games. That section was just me being proud that the Wii finally had another great FPS, comparable to those on other consoles. Though you have to admit that the Wii Remote+Nunchuck setup is great for FPS games, second only to the Mouse+Keyboard setup.

Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 10-06-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Do we know you? Who are you?

Last edited by Xenon; 10-06-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,468, Level: 100 Points: 52,468, Level: 100 Points: 52,468, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Can't we all just get along.. Every console has its pluses and minuses. Everyone has their own opinions on what they like and people should respect that. Even if you think they are wrong that is their choice to think otherwise. We are all Gamerz regardless of what console or PC you are playing games with. Just my .02.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
feder
闇の怪盗
Points: 861, Level: 15 Points: 861, Level: 15 Points: 861, Level: 15

My Mood: Lurking
feder is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to feder
Umm...okay?

Mind sharing your thoughts with the Xbox and PS3 crowd? Maybe it will get them off my back for buying the "crappy" console of this generation.

most anticipated:
Tales of Graces, Fragile, Arc Rise Fantasia, Sands of Destruction
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
gamezilla36
Goomba

To Aota and Xenon. 'Tis Ben.
Just thought I would share my mind on how peoples perspectives change so fast.

Last edited by gamezilla36; 10-06-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: BLEEEEEGH
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
AlloftheAbove
Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 39

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Ben? I don't remember you ever owning a Xbox 360, or ever liking the Wii.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
gamezilla36
Goomba

lol, You havent been to my house in so long I guess. I had the 360 for about 6 months until it broke, I never used online on it because of the XBOX Live Membership Cards. And of course I like the Wii. It has Twilight Princess on it as well, and that is one of the best games I have played.

Last edited by gamezilla36; 10-06-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: GYAAAAAHH
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Muckbeast
Points: 302, Level: 6 Points: 302, Level: 6 Points: 302, Level: 6

My Mood: Inspired
Muckbeast will become famous soon enough

If accuracy is what you want in a FPS, you need to be playing it on the PC.

A controller is garbage compared to keyboard and mouse.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Hi Ben! I knew it was you. AotA didn't believe me. He thought it was Kurt.

Anyway, I didn't know you owned a Wii.

I would've figured it out sooner or later from your MW2 sig!