Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Monopoly For Wii
Monopoly For Wii
Published by General Guy
10-18-2009
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Monopoly For Wii

About

It's Monopoly except on the Wii. You choose from a variety of boards, but you have to earn them first, and start playing.

Graphics

The graphics are nice, except the fps sucks. I've never complained about fps, but with this game it's irritable. Even moving the cursor with the Wiimote it feels laggy. After a while you will get used to it though.

Music

The music goes with the gameboard you choose, it sort of reminds me of Mario Party. The voice of the Monopoly guy is just how I imagined he would sound. :3

Game Play

They Added a new gameplay other than running around the board buying stuff. And this version includes mini games which really reminds me of Mario Party. It's good they added it or the game would sort of be useless because the players would say "Why didn't I just buy the board game for $15?". In this new version you roll 4 dice, play a minigame and from the order 1st to last the players pick what roll they want. Whatever the number is on the dice that's how many tokens are dropped around the board, if it's unowned it's now yours, and you don't pay anything. If you land on somebody elses property you pay them 1 property, doesn't matter if it's Baltic Ave or Boardwalk.
At the end all your property values are counted up and the person with the most money wins.
there are other little rules in there, that's just a summary of it.

Minigames

Some are better than others, and have unnecessary bad graphics and awful fps. I don't like some of these games, they're annoying.

Overall

Pretty decent game, should you buy it? If you like strategy and don't mind repetitiveness then yes. If you like adventure games and puzzles then you might want to buy something else, or just rent it.
Published by
Aristocrat
General Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to General Guy Send a message via MSN to General Guy
Sponsored Links
By DragonLX on 10-18-2009, 08:42 PM
This is good if you intended a short review, otherwise, you need to add moar. You didn't convinced me if this a game that's even worth checking. Try to be much more especific about every point of the game, without spoiling anything of course. A picture or two would be nice too, to give the readers an idea of the game. Keep improving. If this was your first review its a nice start.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I had like 10 reviews like this until NFF helped me out.
By Wiidude on 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Need some screenshots. I enjoyed the game but quickly got sick of the music you can't turn off in the game.
Comment