Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > GameCube

Notices

GameCube GameCube section post here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Melee vs Brawl

This is a constant debate online it seems. in my persona opinion, Melee is much better than Brawl. Brawl feels almost Beta like to me for some reason I can't explain. The tripping is annoying and Final Smashes are actually a tad unfair, though they can be toggled on and off. Also, they should've kept Melee's adventure mode because Subspace Emissary is a buttload of crap.

As for characters, yeah, Brawl has some cool new faces, but why dump so many old ones? i know they wanted to cut back on clones, but was dumping the old ones necessary, such as Young Link and Pichu?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I prefer Melee but I think Brawl has better levels and a better adventure mode.

Overall, my only real gripes with Brawl are the online play and the roster (I agree; why drop any characters?). On paper, Brawl is the better game. But Melee's gameplay feels so much more balanced and smooth.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
The physics engine in Brawl is actual less advanced. Pop in melee, and choose mario. Jump. now, run and hump. Notice that when you run, the momentum takes you further. In Brawl, however, momentum has less of an impact, and barely effect jump distance. At least from my experience.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,062, Level: 93 Points: 23,062, Level: 93 Points: 23,062, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

It's a tough choice, but I'll say Melee, Why?
Melee had a better Adventure mode and while SSE was promising, it ended up crashing and burning, the online was also promising but also failed due to intense lag

And roster wise, Brawl did have a bigger and better roster, but they didn't fix the clone issue, and removing characters didn't feel right, and the nerfing of certain characters(Captain Falcon and Link come into mind) was a slap in the face to people who mained them in Melee

And yes tripping sucks
Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Yeah, tripping was just...completely and totally unnecessary. It's like being punished for nothing.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Personally, I enjoy Brawl much more. Melee was much less balanced and it was way more obvious which characters sucked and which were good, not to mention that everything feels very heavy. People claim that Brawl is way too floaty, which, I can somewhat agree that it is kind of floaty, however, I believe some people exaggerate it too much. I do agree about the Final Smashs though, VERY unbalanced as far as that goes. The tripping is a bit unnecessary as well, however, I think Subspace Emissary was actually kind of interesting and fun if you were playing it with a friend. It was kind of like Kirby Superstar in a way, but different.

Anyhow, one reason why they got rid of Melee's heavyness is because of... Well, for example... Marth... One guy was considered amazing with Marth, however, all he did was short hop+A, short hop+A, and people mistook that for skill when almost everyone else did it just as well as he did, however, he was only considered the best because he was the first to find out about it. That move had alot of priority, not to mention it was fast, and they landed so fast that it couldn't be punished.

Anyhow, in all truth, there is no better because of opinion, however, I will state that I do enjoy Brawl more.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

in the next smash brothers there needs to be anthropomorphic versions of the Game Cube and the Wii as playable characters. they are respectively named "Melee" and "Brawl" and you can duke it out to see who is superior
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

..Da beef..wow..just.....rep up, dude XDDD

one problem,h ow do i even raise peoples rep? XD
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
The physics engine in Brawl is actual less advanced. Pop in melee, and choose mario. Jump. now, run and hump. Notice that when you run, the momentum takes you further. In Brawl, however, momentum has less of an impact, and barely effect jump distance. At least from my experience.
That doesn't mean it's less advanced, just that it's different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
..Da beef..wow..just.....rep up, dude XDDD

one problem,h ow do i even raise peoples rep? XD
Press the checkmark button underneath a user's avatar to the left.

And Husky, my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours. To me it's much easier to tell who sucks in Brawl than it is in Melee, and I found Melee to be "floaty" whereas Brawl was very heavy.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
That doesn't mean it's less advanced, just that it's different.

Press the checkmark button underneath a user's avatar to the left.

And Husky, my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours. To me it's much easier to tell who sucks in Brawl than it is in Melee, and I found Melee to be "floaty" whereas Brawl was very heavy.
Really? Alot of people seem to state that Brawl is more "floaty" and whatnot. Also, some of the characters that do apparently "suck" in Brawl, aren't all that bad, for example, Ness. Alright, he is obviously not as good as say, Meta Knight, Snake, or Dedede, however, he does stand a chance and it doesn't stand an impossibility of winning against alot of "better" characters like Pit, Bowser, Lucario, Sonic, heck, even Diddy Kong.

In Melee, as soon as I played Kirby, I immediatly realised he wasn't that good, Pichu wasn't either, or Bowser wasn't impressive.
Closed Thread

Tags
brawl, bros., melee, smash, super