Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
SSX Tricky
SSX Tricky
Cam3ron36
Published by Cam3ron36@NFF
11-05-2009
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Post SSX Tricky

SSX TRICKY

Publisher: EA Sports BIG
Developer: EA Canada
Platforms Reviewed: GameCube & Xbox
Genre: Extreme Sports

Released on November 5th 2001

SSX Tricky was an absolutely astonishing game that stunned crowds and grew wildly popular.

I am about to review one of my all time favorite games here, I absolutely love this game and I recently fixed my xbox original allowing me to play it again. WOOT!
SSX tricky was released in late 2001 after the original named ‘SSX’; SSX was only released on PS2 but due to its wild popularity, its sequel was released for 4 different consoles. (GameCube, PS2, Xbox & GBA) The Platforms that I will be reviewing it on are Xbox & GameCube, but mainly Xbox.

I rented this game several times on GC in about 04’, me and my sister used to play it all the time, so I bought it on Xbox and let me tell ya, this is an absolute golden buy.
Prior to starting this game, you’re greeted with a pretty neat intro with catchy music, which is one of SSX Trickys best qualities, the music compliments it so immensely it’s just stunning. They featured real bands in this game. (Most unknown but this music is just kickass!) Anyways, we’ll get to the music segment near the end…
After going through the optional intro you have three options, (Practice, World Circuit & Free play) they are all pretty self-explanatory and of course you have to go through the World Circuit AKA; story mode to unlock tracks, characters & boards, you have to beat every level in ‘Race mode’ & ‘Showoff mode’ which is just trying to reach a certain amount of points before the end with rails & jumps added in.
The difficulty is easy for the most part and there is certain character… uhh… relationships, you usually start out with a friend & an enemy, you make friends by not knocking them down during a race, also knocking over their enemies. You make enemies by knocking certain people over… lol, this is where I got screwed, I just knocked everyone over, by the time I made it to the last level… I had about one ‘Neutral’ Person left, this made it hard, when you have enemies, they tend to attack you when your racing I had a hell of a time by the end. lol.

This game is really wild, just watching that intro shows the absolutely bizarre landscapes, airtime & tricks, but who cares, that is why it’s awesome, “Screw Amped!”
I am not joking when I say you will love this, everyone I’ve known has loved this game and how couldn’t you? It’s amazing! Showoff is my favorite mode, it adds even more stuff into the tracks to do tricks on that you are so amazed that they can even fit that much stuff in there, and on top of that, you get all sorts of alternate paths that lead you into off track areas, (all I have to say is; "go through the 'SSX' signs all over the place) high up into the mountains allowing for a lot of airtime when you fall, caves and even the bleachers! Holy crap! This game is freaking awesome!
The controls were great, you could do many combinations of buttons to do grabs along with the control pad to do flips, the left stick controlled the snowboarder... you also got different tricks called 'Uber Tricks' when the meter off to the left is full along with the "It's Tricky" theme song...

Now, that is one of the more high-tech levels, others are a little bit more on the realistic side of things, but still, I cannot believe how they just took snowboarding to an all new level, the graphics are absolutely unbelievable for their time, but that should not be wI myself use Moby because I've just always used him...
One last thing I'd like to mention is the level "Untracked" I'ts only available in practice after you beat the game, it's more realistic and is just a widespread mountain with no rails but many, many high jumps. It by far has some of the best music in the game.

All I really have to say is no more than I’ve already said, and it’s plain and simple… Amazing!
A music sample from Untracked & a garibaldi video:

Please enjoy my review and by all means, comment.
Published by
NHL Fanatic
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of
Sponsored Links
By op89x on 11-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Why does the font change?
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
oh, I did it on word and tampered with size to get it right, I'll fix it.

Edit: fixed... sorta... the top part is still slightly lighter for some reason...
Edit2: changed it all to navy blue so it matches.
Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 11-05-2009 at 11:11 PM..
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Bump

No comments whatsoever?? come on guys, every bit of advice only helps me figure out what to do and what not to do...
By da Beef on 11-10-2009, 08:31 PM
you have to figure out your own style. i can tell you that this review was a pain to read because of its formatting and brought no new insight to this game
Comment