Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Halo 3
Halo 3
Finish the fight...and then start another one in multiplayer.
Published by SuperGamecube64
11-10-2009
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
Halo 3

Hello again! I've received some feedback from you guys from my other 2 reviews, and I'm going to try to apply what advice you've given me here. The Halo series is very popular, and with this game having been out this long, you've most likely already played it. Halo made FPS popular. Halo 2 made them awesome. So what about Halo 3?

Graphics: 9/10

Halo 3 has good graphics, but there is nothing that really stands out, which prevents it from getting a 10. One thing that can be a bit annoying is everything is shiny. The armor, the vehicles...everything. It's as if everything is coated with 3 layers of turtle wax. It's only a minor annoyance, but I digress. Water looks like water. snow looks like snow. Sand looks like sand. What more do you really want? The explosions are nice, and you're going to be seeing plenty of those, so that is certainly a good thing. in closing, the graphics are not disappointing, but they aren't the pinnacle of what the 360 is capable of.

Notice how everything makes you go temporarily blind? That's what I mean by it's shiny...

Storyline: 10/10

I love Halo's storytelling. Some people hate it, but I find the story quite interesting. this time around, the Elites have defected, and you are now fighting brutes, and the ever annoying flood. i can't go too into the story here without some spoilers. all I will say is explosions, death, closure....

Single Player Campaign: 8/10

i am going to review the multiplayer and single player separately, as they are totally unique experiences. The single player campaign has you once again controlling spartan-117, Master Chief. Occasionally, you may find yourself a bit lost, not knowing where to go. This isn't a very big problem if it happens, though, as a guide arrow will come up if you stray too far or struggle for too long. The game can be as easy or as hard as you want, from amazingly evil, to I'm going to break this disc into quarters hard. Completing the caimpaign on different difficulties will award you with new armor for multiplayer, so it's worth challenging yourself. Overall, the story mode isn't quite as good as the previous entires, but it's stilla rich experience you will not soon forget.

Multiplayer: 10/10

Halo 3's multiplayer is nearly flawless. you will never tire of it. Most of the maps are nice, and rather it's just you and your brother, or 16 of your best xbox live friends, you'll find a map the right size. There are even some maps recycled or remade from Halo and Halo 2, and this is a good thing. Overall, multiplayer is pretty balanced. That being said, there are some players who will abuse weapons such as the shotgun, gravity hammer, and rocket launcher. Halo's multiplayer is in a class of it's own. it cannot be compared to any other FPS or any other game, and simply must be experienced. Until I played Halo, I called it overated. I was wrong.

Sound: 9.5/10

Halo 3 has some truly great music in it, especially the lobby music. At different points during the campaign, music will kick in, and it always seems to fit the situation perfectly, be it suspenseful, sorrowful or fast paced. Explosions sound nice and ambient and the voice actors did a very good job. my only complaint is the weapon sound effects. They aren't really bad, they just don't seem to have any "umph" to them. When I shoot a shotgun, I want to FEEL it. be it through a controller vibration, or even your own character showing the effects of the kickback. Most of the weapons just sound like toys in my opinion, but overall, sound quality is good.

overall: 9/10

Well, there you go. Halo 3 is a must own if you have a 360 for the multiplayer alone. if you don't already have it, run out and get it. It is the undisputed king of xbox live and will probably remain in the top spot until the death of the 360.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By Lukario on 11-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Xbox Live on this game is crap. Whiny kids aside: people cheat way too much on this game, and Bungie does nothing about it.
By SuperGamecube64 on 11-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
But if you get a group of your friends or get people that actually play right, it's pure gaming nirvana
By Lukario on 11-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
But if you get a group of your friends or get people that actually play right, it's pure gaming nirvana
Yeah, works, but the thing was I always sucked at Halo 3, and most times when I would go in with a party, I'd get matched up against multis who, when they win, act like dicks and sound like they just defeated God in a vidya game. I ignore it, but it does annoy me how people seem to think that beating someone 20 levels below you is an actual accomplishment.
By SuperGamecube64 on 11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
No matter what you play or where you go there will be jerks.
By Lukario on 11-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
No matter what you play or where you go there will be jerks.
True that, but honestly, they're way more prominent in shooters than anything else. That and sports games.
By Shadow on 11-14-2009, 02:26 PM
This is honestly not a biased opinion because I like Xbox, but I find this game very overrated. I'd much rather play Metroid. THIS IS NOT BIASED because I honestly played this game with my friends and it wasn't that capturing for me. Nice review though.
By SuperGamecube64 on 11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
Hey, shadow, everyone has an opinion, some people dislike games that others like. I am not biased either, I own all 3 current gen consoles, but Halo 3 is one game I don't seem to tire of.
By gameaddict on 11-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Great game, much better than ODST or any of the other games.
Comment