Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
DragonLX
not a pokéfag
Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75

DragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to all

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster Review of the Month Member of the Month Yoshi Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to DragonLX
New Lufia confirmed for the DS

"Following up their teaser announcement on Famitsu.com last week, Square Enix released the first official details today on Estpolis: The Lands Cursed by the Gods, a brand-new Nintendo DS installment in the role-playing series known as Lufia in America. The game's due out February 25 in Japan for 5980 yen; no US date has been announced.

The new Estpolis is being developed by Lufia creator Neverland Company, with much of the staff of Lufia II closely involved with the project. That's no accident, as it turns out: This Estpolis is an action-RPG "rebirth" of Lufia II, which originally hit the Super NES in 1996.

Starring Maxim, a young monster hunter blessed with impressive and mysterious powers, the game features him and his friends on a quest to uncover what lurks behind the Wave Device, an object that grants the user godlike powers. As in Lufia II, the game will feature dungeons that focus heavily on puzzle-solving; unlike Lufia II, the gameplay is now action-RPG in style, with you controlling Maxim directly in battle and switching between characters by tapping their portrait on the bottom screen -- useful for combo attacks."

Source 1, Source 2

First scans from Famitsu article:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ed2kb6.jpg, http://i50.tinypic.com/2nhkbrc.jpg

The memories!
I'm so getting this game. :3
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I can respect Lufia for what it was, but I never got into it the way I did the other big RPGs on the SNES. I'd prefer if they didn't have much of the original team involved, actually. The game somehow felt outdated when it was new, and a fresh set of minds on the franchise could potentially work out really well.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
doctorwordsworth
Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4

My Mood: Woot
doctorwordsworth is an unknown quantity at this point

i loved playing lufia on the snes! this might give me a reason to take the ds out of the drawer
Closed Thread