Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii

Notices

Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii section. Post anything Nintendo Wii related here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Doggiedogworld
Goomba
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

My Mood: Cool
Doggiedogworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Star Man Wii Sports Resort - idea for a sequel

I have recently bought the game Wii Sports Resort, and was very impressed. I have already beaten most of it, and I've only had it for like 4 days.

BUT I noticed some imfrovements Nintendo can make, and I found enough that it seemed like they can make a sequel. (Wii Sports Resort 2) So I just thought I would post this crazy idea and see what ya'll think.

It will could include:

-Diving (they put a diving area as a sightseeing spot on island flyover on air sports, why not just take it further?)
-Rock Climbing (they have a giant volcano with lots of cliffs...)
-Swimming (they have a pool at the Cocoba Hotel and a huge ocean and several lakes...)
-Tennis (from original Wii Sports)
-Baseball (from original Wii Sports)
-A feature where you can explore the island at your own pace and leisure, go inside buildings, hike along trails, go in the lighthouse, maybe even set off fireworks, ride in boats, etc.

If you guys (or girls) have any comments, suggestions on other things you could do, feel free to post!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Tennis and Baseball aren't really worth bringing back unless you have major plans for MotionPlus with them.

Which brings me to the reason I'm posting: you didn't list how these games would actually be implemented at all. How would they use the controls?

Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Doggiedogworld
Goomba

Well, you could make baseball a little bit more interactive, where you can actually field on your own and run on your own and stuff.

And do I really have to post the controls? I mean, I think it would be self explanitory how basic controls would work, but here goes.

Diving-like in Mario+Sonic at the Olympic games, you would use the nunchuck and Wii Remote to swim, press buttons (A or B) to take pictures, maybe get scored on that, you could have a breath meter that says how much air you have
Rock Climbing-Press different buttons that randomly come up to grab onto certain ledges, maybe you only have a certain time to climb to the top, you could move the wiimote and nunchuck up+down to lift your arms+legs up (climbing motion)
Swimming-controls of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Tennis+Baseball- Same controls as for Wii Sports
Island Explore-Nunchuck to move, A to open doors/select, hold B to run, + directional pad to look around

But maybe not tennis, you're right.

Last edited by op89x; 11-25-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggiedogworld View Post
Well, you could make baseball a little bit more interactive, where you can actually field on your own and run on your own and stuff.

And do I really have to post the controls? I mean, I think it would be self explanitory how basic controls would work, but here goes.

Diving-like in Mario+Sonic at the Olympic games, you would use the nunchuck and Wii Remote to swim, press buttons (A or B) to take pictures, maybe get scored on that, you could have a breath meter that says how much air you have
Rock Climbing-Press different buttons that randomly come up to grab onto certain ledges, maybe you only have a certain time to climb to the top, you could move the wiimote and nunchuck up+down to lift your arms+legs up (climbing motion)
Swimming-controls of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Tennis+Baseball- Same controls as for Wii Sports
Island Explore-Nunchuck to move, A to open doors/select, hold B to run, + directional pad to look around

But maybe not tennis, you're right.
Well if you're trying to convince people that these games should be included, controls would help your argument. Otherwise, you haven't really demonstrated why they should be included.

A few concerns, though:

Swiming, Diving, and Rock Climbing all sounds more or less the same. A simple arm-over-arm motion for all three games; the only thing that's really different is the aesthetic. Surely you can get creative and come up with something.

Also, I don't know the controls to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, so I'd need them explained to me.

Island Exploration doesn't sound like it really utilizes the Wii Remote much at all, although I can imagine a few ways it could. Just think of Walking in Wii Fit and let your mind take you from there; you'll get it.

Merged your double post, by the way.

Keep thinking and don't be discouraged.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Doggiedogworld
Goomba

Well, I didn't plan on making this a argument for a new game, but I might as well!

In Mario+Sonic at the Olympic Games, there are several swimming styles. One is crawl-alternating nunchuck + wiimote forward and back, another is breatstroke, pulling and pushing nun. and wiimote toward each other and away. Go to Youtube and type in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games swimming, and click on the first couple, they show some of the swimming styles. I would post a link but I can't, I need 15 posts and I just joined today. And the reason why I posted to begin with is to have people contribute ideas, not just me come up with all the ideas. So post, everyone! lol

Thanks for the support, hope to attract enough attention where we can catch Nintendo's attention. XD (long way away)
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Well, I didn't plan on making this a argument for a new game, but I might as well!
So wait...I'm confused. Why did you start this thread, then? If we're talking ideas for a new game here, then wouldn't we have to flesh them out?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Doggiedogworld
Goomba

I was just posting sort of as an idea, a thing to talk about. I wasn't intending on it being an argument for a game. That's all. But now we might as well make it a realistic idea.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
I was just posting sort of as an idea, a thing to talk about. I wasn't intending on it being an argument for a game. That's all. But now we might as well make it a realistic idea.
Every suggestion is an argument for that suggestion.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Doggiedogworld
Goomba

Yeah I suppose so lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
nintendo, resort, sequel, sports