Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Mmm....crossover flavored
Published by SuperGamecube64
11-27-2009
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Marvel vs Capcom 2

If you have never played this game, then I highly, highly suggest you do. It is available on the Dreamcast, but you can also download it on the PlayStation Network of Xbox Live Arcade. If you have never even heard of this game, you are a sad, sad, soul and I pity you.

Graphics

The graphics are awesome. All of the sprites are brilliantly animated, and run smoothly. every animation looks great, and there are literally thousands when you take into consideration the sheer amount of characters, their attacks, and the effects they can cause. the backgrounds are a mix of hand drawn and CG. Some things, such as some gears, or a clock are CG animated, while the rest will be a hand drawn still. This game is a pinnacle of 2d fighting game graphics.

Storyline

The game has no story that I am aware of.(i gave it a 10 in the ratings box, because the score shouldn't be lessened because of this)

Gameplay

Since it's a 2d fighter, you probably have an idea of what to expect. You select 3 characters, and can swap between them in battle. If all 3 characters are eliminated in a match, you lose. If the timer runs out, the side with the highest HP total will be the winner. This game has a grand total of 56 characters. in your face, Super Smash Bros.! Characters are from Megaman, Darkstalkers, Street fighter, X-men and various other franshises. Of couse, each character has it's own play style and attacks. Using a character such as Juggernaught means brute force, and defense, but as the expence of grace. on the other hand, using a character such as Felicia, a physically weak but extremely fast neko, means you take a lot more damage, and don't deal out quite as much, but can unlease some lengthy, deadly combos. Some characters are a tad overpowered, but they don't pose such a problem if you just learn how to exploit them. The gameplay is extremely satisfying, especially against a human player. if you don't know the shame of dying after a 200 hit combo, you've never played anything like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Sound

The sound quality is excellent. every hit makes a "pow" noise upon making contact, and Wolverine's claws make a knife like noise. It sounds heavier when The Hulk jumps that it does when Jill Valentine jumps. Winning comments can be anything from a simple laugh, to Jill yelling "I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S.!", and again, everything sounds very clear. My one complaint is the music. To be frank, I just didn't like the music.

Overall

If you are a fighting game fan, this is a must play. The character roster is ridiculous, the gameplay is awesome, the animation is smooth. This always has been and always will be the pinnacle of 2d fighting greatness. Hears to Tatsunoko vs Capcom being just as awesome. We'll see soon enough....
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By Megas75 on 11-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Nice review. To tell you the truth I actually enjoyed the music though, it may not fit the game, but it's very soothing to the ears
Comment