Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I have the opposite of writer's block...and I think it's actually worse

So, when you have writers block, you can;t think of anything to write. it can be quite annoying, however, I seem to have something even worse. Suddenly, my mind is FLOODED with all these ideas out of nowhere.

I'm always working on my original series, "Due Fate". it used all original characters created by me, with the exception of the use and cameos of some of my friends characters. I've been writing this for a while, and as you can guess, writing the same thing for an extended period of time can get old. So, I decided to take a break sometime to write story I plan to post here, that is pokemon cased(anthropomorphic Pokemon without trainers and such). This has been in the rough planning stages for months, and just as I started to write it, I get this great idea!

A starfox story involving a flight combat tournament. it would be an awesome chance to pit characters against one another that wouldn't normally fight. Also, a good chance to use and explore some lesser known characters.

But wait! Then, I had this random idea while playing Super Metroid to write a Metroid story, though about an original character's adventures as opposed to Samus'.

As if that isn't enough, from absolutely freakin God knows where I had THIS idea, which is admittedly kind of epic. After the apocalypse, the Earth is in ruin, and almost nothing survives. all humans are dead, and only a fraction of animals survive. Basically, it's about a pack of domestic dogs that learn to survive in this new world.

All of his inspiration may seem like a good thing to some, but honestly, it's very overwhelming....

If you wish, you can tell me which ideas you like, and which you don't It may influence(help) me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

youre overthinking this. just do what feels good
Old 12-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

It really isn't much of a bad thing.

Use your great sense of imagination to your advantage.

If it bothers you that much, just type up your story and share it with your friends. It'll let that idea flow out of your mind so you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Who knows where your imagination will take you?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostymush View Post
It really isn't much of a bad thing.

Use your great sense of imagination to your advantage.

If it bothers you that much, just type up your story and share it with your friends. It'll let that idea flow out of your mind so you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Who knows where your imagination will take you?
I'll put it this way...as long as I have my imagination, I will never need drugs XD

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I'll put it this way...as long as I have my imagination, I will never need drugs XD
Unless you have too much of an imagination. In that case, they will lock you in a padded room and give you drugs just to calm you down.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
So, when you have writers block, you can;t think of anything to write. it can be quite annoying, however, I seem to have something even worse. Suddenly, my mind is FLOODED with all these ideas out of nowhere.

I'm always working on my original series, "Due Fate". it used all original characters created by me, with the exception of the use and cameos of some of my friends characters. I've been writing this for a while, and as you can guess, writing the same thing for an extended period of time can get old. So, I decided to take a break sometime to write story I plan to post here, that is pokemon cased(anthropomorphic Pokemon without trainers and such). This has been in the rough planning stages for months, and just as I started to write it, I get this great idea!

A starfox story involving a flight combat tournament. it would be an awesome chance to pit characters against one another that wouldn't normally fight. Also, a good chance to use and explore some lesser known characters.

But wait! Then, I had this random idea while playing Super Metroid to write a Metroid story, though about an original character's adventures as opposed to Samus'.

As if that isn't enough, from absolutely freakin God knows where I had THIS idea, which is admittedly kind of epic. After the apocalypse, the Earth is in ruin, and almost nothing survives. all humans are dead, and only a fraction of animals survive. Basically, it's about a pack of domestic dogs that learn to survive in this new world.

All of his inspiration may seem like a good thing to some, but honestly, it's very overwhelming....

If you wish, you can tell me which ideas you like, and which you don't It may influence(help) me.
The "Due Fate" sounds like a good piece of written work in progress.....
and I like the idea of having a story/narrative based on Metroid's Secondary characters. Sounds very intriguing...

Long ago, when I was starting out my subscription with Nintendo Power,
there ran a line of Metroid comics that introduced us subscribers to some other characters in the Metroid Universe at that time.......Armstrong Houston, Chief Hardy and several other mostly forgetful characters.
But at the time they were pretty good.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Super_...Power_comic%29

I am a writer myself, and I always get WB.
And one of the ways I get around WB is by listening to some music,
relaxing by watching the World News, and/or Nat Geo.
Classical and Rock music seems to work best.

And I find myself writing at my best at night,
or when I am alone with a hot cup of coffee.

Every writer has their own writing rhythm or "zone" as I like to call it,
a period of time where the words you write, the words you type
just seem to exude of the ends of your fingertips and come alive
on the screen or your paper. Nothing can distract you, nothing fazes you,
and when a writer gets in the "zone", they can truly at times make some
very well written works of art........be it a haiku, poem, term paper, thesis, or even just a love note...

It all begins with your own creative rhythm.
That separates you as a writer, from everyone else, your writing style.

Find your, and experiment your own ways of dealing with WB (Word Block),
and it will be easy.

Rockn.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Alice
----
Points: 32,751, Level: 100 Points: 32,751, Level: 100 Points: 32,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
wow, very interesting ideas...are sure you're not smoking imagination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronWewstad View Post
wow, very interesting ideas...are sure you're not smoking imagination?
pff! NO! *looks around and packs rainbow colored rocks into a pipe*

I actually won the "most creative" award back in the first grade, haha

Quote:

Closed Thread