Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
The One Hundred and One Dalmatians Platinum Edition
"I'll knock yer blinkin' block off!"
Published by SuperGamecube64
12-02-2009
Author review
Movie Rating
95%95%95%
Average 95%

This is my first review of a movie. Yeah, my first movie review is about 101 Dalmatians. Yes, I know, i'm a loser

I'm a fan of the old Disney stuff from before they pumped out monstrosities like Hannah Montana, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians has always been a favorite of mine. First released in 1961, it was the first movie to use the Xerox method of animation.

The plot is quite easy to follow, and an instant classic. Pongo, a dalmatian sire is living in an apartment with his owner, roger, who is a song writer. Pongo decides that Roger was lonely, and that the bachelors life was getting old. to quote Pongo directly, "I saw no reason why Roger didn't deserve an attractive mate!". While in the park one evening, they run acorss anita, and her dalmatian Perdita. after a few mshaps, Roger and anita fall head over heels and get married. Pongo found a mate in Perdita, and they had a litter of puppies together. however, Cruella De Vil, an old acwuaintance of Anita'a drops by. Cruella has an affinity for fur coats, and offers to buy all of the puppies in order to make coats out of them. however, after having her offer refused multiple times, she resorts to theivery, hiring two bumbleheaded robbers, Horrace and Jasper to do the job for them. Of course, Pongo and Perdita set out to reclaim the lost puppies, and a Disney classic is born.

The movie is based on a Nocel by dodie Smith, and though I have not read the book myself, I've ehard that it's a decently accurate representation.

On the Platinum Edition DVD, you get a plethora of extras. You get popup trivia which provides some surprisingly interesting tidbits about the movie. One of my favorites was a reinactment of the reading of letters that Walt Disney and Dodie Smith wrote to each other during the production of the movie. Theres also some stupid PC game on the disc hat's on a lot of DVD's now. you know, the ones no one cares about. there are a few other extra's like a special about how Cruella's character came to be, as well as deleted songs. Some of the deleted versions of the Canine Crunchies jingle are quite funny.

If you have fond childhood memories of this movie like I do, it makes the DVD all the more worth it. If you're an old school disney fan, especially one with a fondness for this movie, it's one to add to your collection, even if you own an older version.
Sponsored Links
By Pokeman on 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!l
By Lukario on 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM
In other news, this is the same movie from 15 years ago, just in new packaging for $25. And the MPAA wonders why people pirate movies?
By Final Flourish on 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
With colors.
Closed Review