Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
X-Play

X-play is a love or hate show. Personally, I am very fond of it, as I have been watching since the days it was known as "Extended Play". Many people dislike the show because they disagree with the opinion or hate the hosts. i get kind of sick of hearing "Adam sucks" and "Morgan isn't a gamer!" Anyone else watch this show?

Personally, I miss the old X-Play. The newer one certainly offers more gaming news and such than the old X-Play did, but it's missing that old low budget charm as well as those retarded hilarious, though immature, skit segments. The only time you ever see "Canadian Guy", "Ratty" or "Drunk Link" anymore is if they do an "X-Play Classics" segment. I just miss the old X-Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
Phil
The hippo is dead.
Points: 9,759, Level: 66 Points: 9,759, Level: 66 Points: 9,759, Level: 66

My Mood: Amused
Phil will become famous soon enoughPhil will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

I used to watch X-Play a lot, but they started making skits that weren't that funny and they hired a new guy (I can't remember his name but he has really lame jokes that are usually just bad puns) and I stopped watching. Every once in a while I see an old rerun is on but something about watching old news just bugs me.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I loved the old X-Play to death, it was so hilarious!
Although I like the new X-play's way of being informative info, I miss their funny skits such as
Sensitive Sess- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-4n75U7u0
and Mythcrackers- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQTvxqwOLE
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibarra75 View Post
I loved the old X-Play to death, it was so hilarious!
Although I like the new X-play's way of being informative info, I miss their funny skits such as
Sensitive Sess- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-4n75U7u0
and Mythcrackers- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQTvxqwOLE
Drunk Link and that "RPGitis" skit were the best.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I used to watch X-Play a lot, but they started making skits that weren't that funny and they hired a new guy (I can't remember his name but he has really lame jokes that are usually just bad puns) and I stopped watching. Every once in a while I see an old rerun is on but something about watching old news just bugs me.
You mean Blair? I like him. He is cool.

I didn't really like it until I saw it live and got to meet Morgan, Adam, and Blair and talk with them, and hear their opinion on games and all those horrible shows on G4. All 3 are very cool people, and they signed my PSP!
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
You mean Blair? I like him. He is cool.

I didn't really like it until I saw it like and got to meet Morgan, Adam, and Blair and talk with them, and hear their opinion on games and all those horrible shows on G4. All 3 are very cool people, and they signed my PSP!
*twitch* i hate you right now O-o rofl

Quote:

Old 12-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

I only watch it when they mention Nintendo, And Resident Evil :P

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Since they took G4 off basic cable, I stopped watching it. I liked their edgy and to-the-point reviews, but I didn't watch that much of it. Last game I even remember is them reviewing Halo 3 campaign.

Lukario
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

WiiU ID: Megas75
With X-Play in mind and their hilarious skits, I just saw one their newest, most weirdest one ever:

Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I don't watch it anymore. I don't really pay attention to the opinions of people much, especially on games. Plus, it offers me no entertainment at all.
Closed Thread