Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Resident Evil 4: wii Edition
Zombies. Hot girls. Motion controls.
Published by SuperGamecube64
12-08-2009
Author review
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 91%

Resident Evil4 was originally a Gamecube exclusive, but was later released on the ps2 with some features that were not on the original version. it has since been rereleased(with a $30 price tag I might add) on the wii. This is probably the best version of the game there is .you get the supperior graphics on the Gamecube versions and the PS2 exclusive content as well as numerous control options, all of whihc work well.

Graphics

If you've played the Gamecube version, you know what to expect. The graphics are unchanged from the Gamecube version, and while they were some of the ebst on the Gamecube, they are far from the ebst on the wii. Everything is dark and grity. This game is very atmospheric, although, in my opinion is not as atmospheric as earlier titles before the shift.

Ooohhh....pretty colors.

Storyline

I really enjoyed Re4's story. you are Leon Scott Kennedy, and you have been sent by the governemnt to rescue Ashley Grahm, the U.S. President's daughter. At first, you think you're mission is simple. retrieve the President's daughter. soon, things become more complicated and you elarn that Lord Sadler has infected the locals with Los Plagas, inducing zombie like behaviour in them. There are lost of twists and turns along the way, of course. i don't want to ruin anything.

Controls

I don't ussually have a controls section, but this game deserve's one. You have 3 different control options. The wii remote and nunchauku combo, the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller. Of course, the Gamecube controller keeps the xontrols exactly as they were in the original, and the classic controller, while not as good as the Gamecube controller, still represents this control scheme pretty well. Using the wii remote and nuchauku works great, and it is one of my favorite motion controlled games. Obciously, you aim by pointed at the screen. While in aiming mode, you jerk the remote back to reload. Swinging the nunchauku uses your knife. you pree the B trigger to go into aim mode, and A to fire. At first, this is awkward, and you want to do it the other way around, but you get used to it quickly, and eventually will come to like it better that way.

Gameplay

Resident Evil 4 is a departure for the Resident Evil series. though it still retains some puzzle sovilng elements, the game is for the most part an action game. find guns, find ammo, and blow **** up. That's basically what it comes down to, but you'll have to use a lot more startegy than before. The "zombies" are now much more intelligent and much much faster. They will stop at nothing to feast upon your delicious brainz of nummy goodness. Sometimes, you will find them doing some stupid things, but for the most part, AI is sharp. I'll be honest, as far as Resident Evil goes, this feels VERY different, and while not a good Resident Evil game necessarilly, it is still a great game in it's own right.

Sound

Guns sound as you would expect, and the music is eerie and creepy as you would expect as well.Voice work is solid, although there are some cheesy lines...ok, a LOT of cheesy lines. Not as bad as Resident Evil 1, but still some pretty cheesy stuff. Oh, and by the way, reader. Here's a lock picking kit. I figure it's a good idea if you, a master of unlocking, take it with you.

Extras

In the opriginal, Leon and Ashley only had 1 set of unlockable costumes(Ashley in white pants and a knot shirt and Leon in the RE2 outfit). This time, you can also unlock a gangster outfit for Leon(combine with tommy gun for epicness) and a suit of armor for Ashley. yes, a suit of armor. and yes, it makes her INVINCIBLE. and also so heavy, the enemies cna't even lift her up. The other addition not in the Gamecube version is "Seperate Ways" which chronicles Ada Wong's mission. It gives you a glimpse into some unseen events and you even see some of things you did as Leon unfold while playing as Ada.

Overall

This game is excellent, and should already be in your library on one of the systems it has been released for. if you already own another version, don't bother with it, but if you don't, the wii version is a deffinite buy.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 12-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Hey, decent job on this, but you do have spelling errors like "xontrols" instead of "controls". just use Word, copy your reviews over here, and word will catch any accidental mistakes.
By SuperGamecube64 on 12-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 91%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronXMAS View Post
Hey, decent job on this, but you do have spelling errors like "xontrols" instead of "controls". just use Word, copy your reviews over here, and word will catch any accidental mistakes.
I noticed those typos, and will fix it sometime. And I use firefox, which has built in spell check. thanks, though.
By da Beef on 12-09-2009, 12:40 AM
i'm stunned. this is such an improvement over your other reviews. you said you dont usually have a controls portion? well, keep it. that should be something a review always addresses

good job. just watch those typos
By DarkLegacy on 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
much better than my resi 4 review.
By Mario on 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Good review. Love the first screenshot.
Comment