Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

The Diary of a Shining Warrior(A MMX Fanfic)

Background: Well this is my first ever fanfic ever. I've based it upon my MMX9 RP character Apollo. So yes this takes place in the Mega Man X series and as I expand it will go into the Elf Wars, Zero series, and maybe even the gap between Zero and ZX. Some familarity with the series may help, but you could read it without having played the games. Enjoy.

The Diary of the Shining Warrior

Prologue
Abel City appeared to be a ghost town. The rise of Sigma once more loomed in the area as the Sigma Virus spread across the entire planet. The Eurasia Colony was on a crash course for Earth, reports saying that it was filled with an entirely different virus. The humans fled to bunkers made after the Day of Sigma for protection, from the virus, Eurasia, and even the reploids that were becoming Mavericks and an exponential rate. What a bad time to be created.

Though this was my time to shine, I Apollo the Class A hunter. I hope to finish this log before my memory is corrupted, or the unthinkable happens. Though I've lived on luck for a long time, let us hope my luck holds to see a world without mavericks, a perfection upon technology once more. I thought I saw this once, but the being that caused the perfection quickly became corrupt itself. This is a tale for another time let us start at the beginning.

Chapter 1: Eurasia Incident

After so much peace the Earth began to turn back to normal. The occasional haywire reploid was easily fixed by the Maverick Hunters who's work was dwindling awfully low. This would turn out to be one of the longest eras of peace in the 22nd century. Dr. Mohr, my creator, started building me towards the end of the Repliforce Incident, designed to be a Maverick Hunter when he finished. Sadly this did not come true as half way through, X and Zero defeated Repliforce, and Sigma who was pulling the strings behind the scene.

I was completed a year later. One of Dr. Mohr's other Reploids who was also built to be a Hunter grew restless within the first few days of my awakening and left to become a mercenary. I don't like talking about him at all.

I was helping Dr. Mohr build my Shining Buster when the Sigma virus was released across the entire planet, and the Eurasia fell. I told Dr. Mohr to go seek shelter for his safety. He stared at me with a very wise glint in his eyes, hiding a bit of fear behind it.

"Apollo, I'm getting old as you know, I will not live past this conflict, I must finish this project for you," He said pride filling his voice.

A silence filled the air, but it was broke 93 minutes later by an explosion at the front of the lab. A group of Mavericks had broken in. A shot flew through the air and struck the doctor in the abdomen. He fell, the wound quickly cauterizing, but there was no saving him. I blacked out.

Next thing I know, I was drenched in oil, and all the mavericks were retired. My hands lost grip on the hilts of my beam katana, and beam wakizashi as they clattered to the floor, and lost power. Dr. Mohr was leaned against his work table placing the last panel onto the buster and collapsed to the ground.

"My greatest creation...shining...buster...has a...special shot...a flash...causes...blinding," Dr. Mohr struggled to say. "Fight them...with all...your might...make me proud.

His eyes closed, and a final smile appeared on his face. I quickly pressed my finger to his chest, as reading appeared on my HUD. Flatlined. I picked up the buster and found a note, with a chip attached to it. The note read.

Apollo my time is short, I need you to take the attached chip to Alia the navigator at Hunter HQ. She is a brilliant scientist and will be able to decode it. It contains info on a new upgrade, codenamed Hyper Mode. You just experienced the prototype, I haven't perfected it yet, but hopefully Alia will be able to. Please destroy my lab, remember that button I told you to never press under the floorboards in my bedroom? I need you to press it, this will start a self-destruct sequence giving you about a minute to exit the building. Take the buster and the chip and leave everything else, including my body. Thank you Apollo, goodbye.

I did just as the note read and went to the Maverick Hunter Base as fast as possible.

6 hours later

"Apollo here is your first assignment, you will go with the Lifesavers to retrieve Zero from his landing site as back up in case something attacks," Alia commanded. "I'm sorry for assigning you without the proper training but you were built as a soldier and we are out of Hunters at the moment, good luck."

I did exactly as I was told, hoping for the chance to rip more mavericks to pieces. It might have been revenge flooding my system, it may have been my need for peace for humans again.

We had to stop along the way to the site, we found humans walking down the highway. Something was clearly wrong, they were sick. I was the one who commanded that all except two lifesavers return to Abel City with the humans. Our trip the rest of the way was rather uneventful.

When we arrived at the landing site, that was when all hell broke loose. Pieces of Eurasia had began to burn through the atmosphere, releasing the virus it carried all over the world. This virus then melded with the Sigma Virus, becoming what we now know as the Zero Virus.

Luckily the virus was still in a visible form, and I could cut them out with my sabers, though it was much more difficult with it being strengthened.

Lacking the ability to disperse the virus, the two lifesavers stood back as I retrieved Zero. Zero was tired, but no harm was visible. The virus managed to get Zero as I tried running from it, though nothing happened at all. The Lifesavers pulled up a diagnostic, but it had a very strange signature to it, appearing as Zero gained power from the virus entering his system, but had no corrosive effect on him.

Lifesaver took a look at him, and forbade him from leaving the base, but we all knew that would not work on the legendary Zero. Worried, Signas ordered X to quickly capture him and bring him back, afraid that Zero himself may become maverick.

X returned with Zero, barely alive, though in the time they were gone, Alia was able to pinpoint Sigma's location. After a quick reenergizing and repair X was sent to defeat Sigma by himself, Zero still being analyzed, searching for the reason he gains power from the virus.

Zero escaped once more, and saved X from Sigma at the last moment, being destroyed in the process, or so we thought.

That was the end of the Eurasia Incident, I didn't do much within it, but there were other incidents I was quite entangled with, which may or may not be of more interest.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Last edited by SirManguydude; 12-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

This story won't really go in order, because it is a tie in on an RP on another site so those events will be said when they happen, since just recently the RP has gotten a reboot, so Apollo hasn't done anything. So I skipped to the Elf Wars, and also there will be the tie in with this Zero series rp I do also. SOO many tie ins.

The rebirth of a Hero

A mound of corrupt reploids lay about in the lab. The technicians work as diligently as possible to finish Zero's body. The body is almost complete, as a tech wheels a cart containing Zero's brain.

The ground began to vibrate, and loud thumps were being heard in a rapid succession. A drowned scream filled the air and then came the sound of marching feet, hundreds of them.

"Starting Reboot process now, we don't have time to make sure the body is fully functional, Apollo can't handle all those reploids," ordered the elderly Dr. Ciel.

My buster began to glow brightly, and a white light erupted from me, as I entered my Phoebus mode.

"Here they come, shut down all unneeded electronics, and be ready to start the generator in 5...4...3...2...1!" I shouted and as I said one, a bright Electro-magnetic wave pulsed from my buster. "NOW!"

The maverick assault stopped as the wave fried all the components in the reploids fried in a massive power surge. A few reploids began to crawl over their fallen comrades in a haste to stop the revival of Zero.

I quickly applied energy to my beam sabers and charged, slashing the bits out of the mavericks who came close. I slashed a reploid in the stomach, oil shooting out of him, coating my optical sensors. I was promptly tackled by 4 reploids, and I felt the familiar vibration of a buster. I prayed that the buster wouldn't be able to adjust to point at me, as oppose to across my chest.
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbEoUAqtAs )
The next thing I heard was the sound of a weapon discharge multiple times and the weight on me lifted. The charged buster released its bolt, the heat peeling off some of the paint on my chest and arm.

"Well I am glad to see you Zero, I thought I was a goner," I commented. "I will fill you in on the way."

"No need, Dr. Ciel attached a file on this subject to my memory," Zero replied. "Lets get them out of here, I will clear the way, you protect them till I come back.

"But shouldn't you prot-"

"I know they didn't test my body, but I need to get the hang of it, this will be my warm-up"

"You might die."

"Apollo, you know me, never say die.

Zero dashed ahead down the hallway and turned. I quickly dashed to the scientists and made sure they were unharmed.

The ground began to vibrate once more, much more intense now they from the marching feet. A metal object protruded from the floor and made its way up. A giant drill mechaniloid had made its way into the lab, blocking the exit.

"Get into the generator room, and wait for the all clear!" I commanded, my sabers coming up in front of me.

A red warning flashed across my screen, telling me that this mechaniloid ws a real threat. There was a red orb on its head, the perfect target. All I needed to worry about was the three drills, those would do me massive damage.

A drill swiped right by me, as I made a split second dodge. As I dove I shot three buster shots at the mech's weak point. One missed the mark and ricocheted off of its armor.

Another drill came at me, and I jumped, pulling out my katana and slashing the red orb. Right at that moment the mech's mouth opened and blasted me with a few bolts. I fell to the ground, as a drill came down pointed right at my chest. I rolled for my life.

The mech's drill appeared to be stuck in the floor, so I took this moment to jump on its arm and plunge my katana deep in the red orb. A loud beeping was heard as I hung onto the hilt, I propped my feet on the mechaniloid's face and pushed off, the katana coming free. I quickly scurried into the generator room and slammed the door shut as the mech exploded.

"Zero, I hope those halls are clear, this place is coming down," I shouted into my transmitter, as I picked up the two nearest scientists. "One of you jump on my back, the rest follow and I will carry you all out three at a time but make sure to keep making your way out of the facility!"

With that, we ran out of the generator room and down the hallway, parts of the ceiling collapsing on us, we made it to the stairwell and I left the scientists to make their own way up as I carried three up.

I just barely made it in time with all 10 of the scientists. The last one out was Dr. Ciel, who risked her life for everyone else. I had got to her right on time as the stairwell collapsed. I then proceeded to wall jump the rest of the way.

"Good to see you Apollo, now point me in the direction of Dr. Weil, I have a bone to pick with him," Zero said as I sat down on the grass, waiting for the extraction.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Closed Thread