Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Zelda Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,382, Level: 100 Points: 56,382, Level: 100 Points: 56,382, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Link Old Possible Ocarina of Time plothole.....

I just thought of this.Okay, so Ganondorf is defeated and sealed away by the Sages in the end. But that's in the future. So when Zelda sends Link back in time to his childhood, shouldn't Ganondorf still be in the past so that history repeats itself or does being trapped in the realm make it to where the whole thing never happened? Yet Ganondorf is still trapped?

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Werebear
Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Pensive
Werebear has a spectacular aura aboutWerebear has a spectacular aura about

Thats a realy good question. There are two theories on time travel and its effects. One is that time is linear and unchanging, while the other suggests multiple realities. I believe in the former so I would say that history would repeat itself and Ganon would take over, while Link (who no longer has the master sword) would have to wait for himself. At this point, the Link who was sent back in time would cease to exist as one thing cannot exist in two places at the same time. Therefore, Link would essentially die when his child self skips ahead to his adulthood.

Click here to level up my card!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

and you call yourself a Zelda fan. this is addressed in Twilight Princess. remember when those sages capture Ganondorf and seal him in the twilight realm? that's because young Link and Zelda warn the king of Ganondorf's evil intentions. we call this the "child timeline"

conversely, the "adult timeline" results in the Wind Waker
Old 12-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Werebear

That does make sense... I usualy thought of it as a linear concept instead of a branching timeline, which does clear up a lot of problems.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,382, Level: 100 Points: 56,382, Level: 100 Points: 56,382, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
If only Nintendo could make a timeline. IDK, I'm kind of what the Angry Video Game Nerd calls a "linearist" (believes in a linear timeline.) It seems that the series mainly goes backwards, then a step forward, then backwards, then a step forward. IDK though, I'm starting to get confused, but I'll go to a LoZ timeline thread for this lol.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
Werebear

Theres a site out there with a realy good timeline, let me check

EDIT: Zeldapedia has a realy good compilation of all of the theories and rumors

Last edited by Werebear; 12-26-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

When I first played the game I always assumed that whatever realm Ganon was banished to was independent of time.

As for all the timeline theories, Miyamoto said in an interview that he wasn't aware of any real timeline, so if it's not important to him, it's not important to me. I prefer to think of the majority of Zelda games (direct sequels an obvious exception) as independent of one another.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Time for an example from DBZ. All right Trunks comes back to the future to prevent it from happening, by defeating the Androids and Cell. After the Z Fighters defeat Cell, Trunks goes back to his time. He then realizes that infact he has split the dimension and now resides in a different dimension with an Alternate future. Thus Trunks must defeat the Androids and Cell by himself, which he does easily from his training in the past.

So applying this, there is a split in the LoZ dimension, one with Ganondorf enclosed in the Sacred Realm, that leads to the events of WW. Then the other where Link was sent to become a child once more, to the time before he collected the stones, right after initially meeting Zelda. He then informs Zelda and the King of this tale, using all the items that he gathered as proof. This leads to Ganondorf being sealed away in the Imprisoning Wars which are mentioned briefly at the beginning of LttP, and the sealing is seen in TP.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:41 AM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Interesting......I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the subject.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #10
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1