Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Microsoft Xbox

Notices

Microsoft Xbox Post anything relating to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox One.

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Achievements?

why do so many people go to their limits to get these useless virtual points, that don't do anything? seriously, and some of these are pretty irritating. some are so simple:
-killed one enemy, ACHIEVEMENT!
or needlessly difficult
-beat the game on every difficulty 10 times while collecting every item, upgrade, and exploring every secret area, ACHIEVEMENT!
(exaggeration)

i just find achievements are quite useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Werebear
Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Pensive
Werebear has a spectacular aura aboutWerebear has a spectacular aura about

They give completionists something to do and give them something to brag about. thats all.

Click here to level up my card!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werebear View Post
They give completionists something to do and give them something to brag about. thats all.
so basically, they are virtual points that allow people to brag about them, though they are useless

Quote:
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Werebear
Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Pensive
Werebear has a spectacular aura aboutWerebear has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronWewstad View Post
so basically, they are virtual points that allow people to brag about them, though they are useless
exactly. but some people are completionists and this does add a lot to a game if you are one.

Click here to level up my card!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

they are ony for the people that enjoy challenging themselves, right?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
If people see that you have many achievements, you'd get more respect in the Xbox Live community.
I don't see what your problem is. The Xbox Achievements are like any other award in a video game.
Why do you strive to capture every Pokemon? Why do you go out of your way to finish a game at 100%? Why do you donate your time to giving every fossil, every bug, every fish, and every artwork to the museum?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
If people see that you have many achievements, you'd get more respect in the Xbox Live community.
I don't see what your problem is. The Xbox Achievements are like any other award in a video game.
Why do you strive to capture every Pokemon? Why do you go out of your way to finish a game at 100%?
i see your point, and a good point it is. The more of something you have, the more respect you get from people that don't have as many.

Now it seems like something to gain "power" over noobs =P

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
i see your point, and a good point it is. The more of something you have, the more respect you get from people that don't have as many.

Now it seems like something to gain "power" over noobs =P
If this is how people get "respect" in the gaming community, I feel a little dead inside. The majority of achievements have little to do with skill and are not worthy of respect at all.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
why do so many people go to their limits to get these useless virtual points, that don't do anything? seriously, and some of these are pretty irritating. some are so simple:
-killed one enemy, ACHIEVEMENT!
or needlessly difficult
-beat the game on every difficulty 10 times while collecting every item, upgrade, and exploring every secret area, ACHIEVEMENT!
(exaggeration)

i just find achievements are quite useless

wha..? Explain..

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai17 View Post
wha..? Explain..
i wish i understood what you wanted me to explain =\

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
achievements